• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Huntington?

Kimber Guy

imported post

Hey guys, just moved here about a year ago from Ky. Was just wondering if OC'ing here in huntington is frowned upon. :?

Glad there are still people here who care about our rights. Most people who do own firearms, seems as if they do not care anymore what is going to happen to their guns in the long run.:question:

Kimber Guy

imported post

Contacted City police department, after speaking with 2 different people, they had no idea if it were legal or not. Spoke with the Cabell county Sherriff Dept. A lady in the Chief Deputies office said it was perfectly legal, hesitated for a moment and said it would draw a lot of attention. Just wished everyone that is with law enforcement knew this.

sv7006`

imported post

yeah the Huntington authorities are a joke. they don't know the laws about a lot of stuff. but it should be fine to open carry in huntington i dont see why we wouldnt be allowed.

p.s do you live anywhere near pullman square by chance?

Regular_Joe

imported post

I am traveling to Huntington from VA (have a VA CHP) and am looking forward to OC'ing and CC'ing.

Any OC advice for the Huntington area?

Also, I'd like to take my dad shooting - can anyone recommend ranges while in the Huntington/Kenova/Ceredo area?

aluminum3

imported post

I live in Ohio, about 25 miles from Huntington, WV.
I have open carried many times in Huntington, never had a problem.