Thread: Spree killing in Binghamton

Post imported post

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30030756/
    Mayor Matthew Ryan initially said the gunman had a high-powered rifle but law-enforcement sources later told NBC that he had actually used two handguns.
    And there it is. Clearly we need to ban these aweful weapons because they are so dangerous, yet are somehow completely useless for self defense so we don't need them anyway.

Post imported post

Too bad the employees, who're all citizens, weren't armed...oh wait, they're not allowed to be by their employer. That's a shame.

I really feel for the people there to immigrate, who didn't have their citizenship yet, nor any means of defending themselves adequately against that. My heart goes out to their families.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

You know, that report is at such utter variance with the early media reports that I think I just decided to ignore the American media altogether.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned

Post imported post

S U E ___ GUN FREE ZONES

Victims sue them for taking away your right to protect youself .

Where is the beef ? [ armed guards]

If someone takes away your right to keep and bear arms and does not protect you ,I would get the victims nation wide and join together to sue the idiots responsible . Please do not let others suffer that way . England's rapes have increased THREE-FOLD because of their gun-ban .

Post imported post

this is what happen with a city/state/entire country tries to tell its people that they must be disarmed "to ensure a safer society"...

here is something that everyone should have as a bumper sticker--"in gun free zones, only criminals will have guns"...

but oh wait, that's right--the government can protect you....or so they want us to believe anyway.

Post imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
    S U E ___ GUN FREE ZONES

Victims sue them for taking away your right to protect youself .

Where is the beef ? [ armed guards]

If someone takes away your right to keep and bear arms and does not protect you ,I would get the victims nation wide and join together to sue the idiots responsible . Please do not let others suffer that way . England's rapes have increased THREE-FOLD because of their gun-ban .
    BUT England is doing SUCH A WONDERFUL JOB PROTECTING IT'S PEOPLE...Just ask the English politicians and they will spin for you how wonderful of a job their government agents do, and how much safer their people feel because their law abiding citizens can't own a gun or a knife...

Post imported post

The sad part is, the shooter had bought his guns LEGALLY, owned them LEGALLY and had done everything his laws required of him LEGALLY dealing with guns. (Please correct me if I am wrong about that) Which just goes to show that no matter what kind of laws we have, nor how many, there are going to be bad people doing bad things. Also, no one there was armed as it was ILLEGAL for workers to have a gun, many died. So, in retrospect, everyone did what the law said up to the point of where the BG did what he did and people died. hmmmmmm....so much for laws doing their job huh?

Now, just just pretend that the employer allowed the employees to carry and just one person did, how many lives would have been saved? What if the BG KNEW that just one employee carried, maybe, juuust MAYBE, he would not have gone there and just stayed home that day. An ounce of prevention to me is ALWAYS worth a pound of cure.

My heart goes out to the familiesand friends of those that lost their lives.

Semper FI!