Thread: First time at Loudoun Guns

Post imported post

First time I've been to Loudon Guns - http://www.loudoungunsinc.com/

I've heard a couple of bad things about the place, so I wasn't too excited about making the 40 minute trip. But, they were the only place in Northern Virginia that had any Kahrs in stock.

I went with my sister - who was looking for a gun for her husband.

I was greeted immediately and had some good/funny/sarcastic conversations with the guys that work there. They gave me good advice and all of them were knowledgeable - I've heard that some guys were dicks - but I didn't experience that at all.

The whole time I was there, they were fooling around/laughing with each other. Sometimes shooting each other with an airsoft gun. The customers in the store didn't seem to mind, and I didn't either. you could tell that they keep a light attitude in there.

They had a ton of stock on and in the shelves. Almost everything you could want from a Barrett .50 Cal rifle to suppressors and crossbows.

I had a really good time just talking with the guys and overall it was a really great shopping experience. If you're in the NoVA area, I would highly recommend this place. Even over Virginia Arms, Co. and Guns and Ammo.

Both of those places have disappointed me with their selection and stock. Usually out of certain models, mags etc. [VA Arms only had an OD frame Glock 19 in stock :ugh:]

Anyway, obligatory picture - I ended up with a Kahr CW9:

Post imported post

How much were the gold dots? Are those 9mm? +P's or regular?

Glad to hear you had a good experience.

Post imported post

hometheaterman wrote:
    How much were the gold dots? Are those 9mm? +P's or regular?

Glad to hear you had a good experience.
    $26.95

+P 124 Gr. GDHP

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

tsannicolas wrote:
    If you're in the NoVA area, I would highly recommend this place.
    Me too. In fact.. someone heard me call the place LOON DOON GOONS.. but that is a term of endearment. I go to Fuddruckers too but I don't call it Fuddrucker's ;-)
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Loudoun Guns probably has the largest stock of any NoVA gun stores and they have a good sales staff. But their price is more on the side of Blue Ridge Arsenal than Virginia Arms if you know what I mean.

I will confess, I have been known to go there and fondle guns and purchase them elsewhere later.

Post imported post

Chuckles wrote:
    Loudoun Guns probably has the largest stock of any NoVA gun stores and they have a good sales staff. But their price is more on the side of Blue Ridge Arsenal than Virginia Arms if you know what I mean.

I will confess, I have been known to go there and fondle guns and purchase them elsewhere later.
    Yeah, they were expensive and out of the way, but it helps that they're well stocked. I honestly would have liked to pay less at GnA or VA Arms, but none of them had ANY kahrs in stock.

Loudon Guns 1 - GnA/VA Arms 0

Post imported post

tsannicolas wrote:
    Yeah, they were expensive and out of the way, but it helps that they're well stocked. I honestly would have liked to pay less at GnA or VA Arms, but none of them had ANY kahrs in stock.
    My products are cheaper than the competition when I'm out of stock, too.