• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My first OC, stifled by Southwest Airlines (kinda)...

Taco

imported post

I made my first post on here discussing my soon to be trip to NC.

On my way, I was at the airport in plenty of time for my flight. Once I arrived, I was met by a 1.5 hr line to check in with a person. It appears that I was flying at the end of spring break, so a lot of children were flying without adults. Anyway, I got to the front of the line around 30 minutes before my flight. The window lady had no problems with my firearms (I had two Glocks <23, 27> both in a single box, slides removed from frames). I handed it to the TSA agent who was unconcerned with the firearms. I got held up in security (separate story, but I have a bullet and casing I wear as a necklace and I had security guard Colombo who was sure I was going to use it as a weapon of mass destruction), but made my plane without issue.

I arrived in RDU only to arrive without my luggage. I spoke to the 'lost luggage' folks. They wanted to know if I had anything valuable in my bag. When I let them know about the firearms I got a nice little :what:. I guess they don't like to loose those.

Anyway, the next day they let me know my bags had arrived, and I had to pick them up before midnight (Friday). I kindly :cuss:let them know I was 2 hours away, and would pick them up on Sunday, when I flew out. The person on the phone said, I wasn't able to leave it there, as it was a firearm :uhoh:, and they would be forced to ship it to me for $97, or send it to Dallas with the unclaimed luggage. I again kindly :cuss:let them know that I was going to pick it up on Sunday, when I flew out, I hung up the phone.

Sunday, I arrived at the airport, and sure enough, the big bad firearms were sitting in the airport. I let the Southwest employee know I was going to need to check that the contents arrived in tact prior to flying out again. She took a look at me like I was going to pull the pin on a weapon of mass destruction... I let her know that my firearms are the ones like police use, not like the ones criminals use... I was being sarcastic, but I think that helped :?.

Anyway, I'm back in Florida. I have my firearms back, but I am back in a state that requires me to keep it in my pants (so to speak) :cry:.

Oh well...