• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First victim of 'domestic terrorism' brochure from Missouri

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It's just amazing -- plainclothes guy (later id'd as FBI) whispers to the 5 TSA guys and suddenly he's "free to go." Probably something about massive lawsuits and becoming suddenly unemployed, I hope.

If this fella does not sue I am going to be so disappointed.

Just goes to show ya -- even if you are not sure what your rights are, just keep asking "Am I free to go?" and otherwise STFU. Having a recorder is great. Getting your recording on FOX news is better. Going viral on YouTube is FTW!

stay safe.

skidmark

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Please remember the evolution of the Transportation Security Administration and its agents. The vast bulk of the uniformed agents were burger-flippers on 11 September 2001, just 90 days before the inception of the TSA.

They're ne'er-do-wells desperately seeking significance as white-shirted black and brown shirts.

Please learn for yourself the definition, meaning and history of fascism because the Obamination is a fascist nation. The GOP drove the economy in this direction and the democraps drove social policy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Please remember the evolution of the Transportation Security Administration and its agents. The vast bulk of the uniformed agents were burger-flippers on 11 September 2001, just 90 days before the inception of the TSA.

They're ne'er-do-wells desperately seeking significance as white-shirted black and brown shirts.

Please learn for yourself the definition, meaning and history of fascism because the Obamination is a fascist nation. The GOP drove the economy in this direction and the democraps drove social policy.

For the first time ever you've said something that makes perfect sense.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Thank you, I think. Consider, that may be the first time something I wrote made sense to you.

Reverend BCal

imported post

Wow, TSA. Thanks for embarrassing Missouri. Makes it sound like we're an anti-Liberty state. That's all St. Louis, and that's why I'll never live on the Eastside of my glorious state.

Wouldn't it be funny if that "plainclothes FBI agent" were justsome sheepdog watching the farce and trying to diffuse the situation? :)

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Thank you, I think. Consider, that may be the first time something I wrote made sense to you.

I'll just leave it at that.

It's just nice to see someone else recognize that it's not all about the "evil democrats." The reality of the matter is that it's a game of continuously alternating "good cop" "bad cop" between the dem's and republicans, the end of which is taking away our freedoms. The GOP takes them away on the social front and the dem's take them away on the financial front.

Beau

imported post

This posted in response to the video by someone on youtube. There are many posts like this on the various different video postings. So sad.
TonkinStudioTube (9 minutes ago) http://www.youtube.com/login?next=/watch?v=yDv_fWMfnN0 http://www.youtube.com/login?next=/watch?v=yDv_fWMfnN0 Marked as spam

cpdrifter,

It doesnt matter of what. He raised suspicion. It's a security check point. Get it? Everyone is suspicious.

He's the one who raised the ruckus ...they just asked him a simple question. He could have said anything and been on his way. But no...he decides to be a drama queen so he can get himself on TV and Youtube... what a douche bag.

KBCraig

imported post

It's always good to remember that TSA agents are not law enforcement officers. They have zero authority to detain or arrest, and should be treated accordingly. They can deny you boarding, but their legal authority is otherwise exactly the same as a baggage handler.

KBCraig

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Good cop:bad cop::{NRA:BCPHGV, Democraps:repugnicraps, ...}
In another forum, I pointed out that they were using the DEA and allusions to asset forfeiture of the money as their "bad cop".

They sure have a funny way of playing themselves as the "good cop" role.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Anyone who is surprised this happened in the drug-ridden, gang infested, violent prone, generationally misgoverned hole known as St. Louis raise your hand. Yeah, that's what I thought....

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/06/tsa-detains-official-from-ron-paul-group/

The Transportation Security Administration is investigating the detention and harassment of a Ron Paul organization official by airport screeners, an incident that was caught on tape at a St. Louis airport.

Steve Bierfeldt, director of development for Campaign for Liberty, was selected for additional screening after officials spotted a metal box in his luggage that contained a large amount of cash and checks made out to the campaign.

Mr. Bierfeldt was attending his organization's regional conference in St. Louis and said he was keenly aware, as the situation unfolded March 29, of a controversial report issued to Missouri law enforcement officials intended to identify members of radical militia members.

"Militia members most commonly associate with third-party political groups," said the report, issued Feb. 20 by the Missouri Information Analysis Center. "It is not uncommon for militia members to display Constitution Party, Campaign for Liberty or Libertarian material. These members are usually supporters of former presidential candidates Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin and Bob Barr."

Mr. Bierfeldt was carrying Campaign for Liberty bumper stickers and other campaign literature, and was interrogated by TSA screeners and airport police at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport for nearly a half-hour before being allowed on his flight to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport.

The money he was carrying, more than $4,700, was in the form of cash and checks received from ticket sales, bumper stickers, books and other conference-related items.

Mr. Bierfeldt recorded the event on his iPhone, and provided a copy to The Washington Times for review.

On the tape, Mr. Bierfeldt is asked repeatedly where he works, where he obtained the money and why he was in St. Louis.

In each instance, Mr. Bierfeldt asked whether he was required by law to answer the questions.

"You want to play smartass, and I'm not going to play your f--ing game," the TSA official said.

Mr. Bierfeldt continued to refuse to answer, asking whether he was compelled by law to do so. The officers accused him of "doublespeak" and "acting like a child."
"Are you from this planet?" one officer asked.

The officers threatened to handcuff him and turn him over to the FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration for questioning.

"You're going to have to prove why you have so much money to the DEA," a second unidentified officer said.

"We're going to help you understand [the law]," the TSA official said.

As he was being led away by the officers questioning him in the recording, another unidentified officer approached the group and asked Mr. Bierfeldt whether he worked for Mr. Paul and whether the money was campaign contributions.

Mr. Bierfeldt responded, "Yes," and was told by that officer that he was "free to go."
But one of the detaining officers said he was "not all that ready to let him walk" back onto the concourse, and held him for another five minutes.

"I was not refusing to answer the questions. I was only saying, as per the law, 'Am I legally required to answer the questions?'" Mr. Bierfeldt later said in an interview with The Times.

"We are becoming far too eager to give away our liberties in the face of false security. We want to make our plane and we don't want a five-minute hassle so we are eager to give up our freedom, and that is unfortunate," Mr. Bierfeldt said.

"I don't believe I was legally required to tell them. Carrying cash is not a crime," Mr. Bierfeldt said. "It is a dangerous precedent if the government can order you to tell them where you get your money, and no law requires them to know where I work or where I spend my free time and where I go on vacation."

Asked whether his employment with Mr. Paul's committee prompted more scrutiny, Mr. Bierfeldt said: "I don't know, but it may not have helped that they were aware of where I worked.

"I was obviously with the campaign and I was aware of that report. I didn't want to tell them off the bat that I worked for the campaign and Ron Paul, because the report said we were potential members of the militia, and that's why I asked what my rights were," Mr. Bierfeldt said.

Mr. Paul, a U.S. House member and honorary chairman of the grass-roots lobbying organization, said he was "rather shocked" by the incident.

"This sort of encounter is a sign of bad things to come," said the Texas Republican and 2008 presidential-primary contender.

"People need to know their rights, and law enforcement officers, even if their intentions are noble, should never be allowed to bully and detain law-abiding citizens," Mr. Paul said. "Steve´s experience is a prime example of how our liberties are in real peril and that we need to wake up to what's going on in our country."

The TSA issued a statement Friday confirming that the metal box triggered the "need for additional screening," but said the behavior of the screening officer was inappropriate.

"Because the box contained a number of items including a large amount of cash, all of which needed to be removed to be properly screened, it was deemed more appropriate to continue the screening process in a private area," the statement said.

"The tone and language used by the TSA employee was inappropriate. TSA holds its employees to the highest professional standards. TSA will continue to investigate this matter and take appropriate action," the statement said.

The Homeland Security agency further explained that carrying large amounts of cash through airport checkpoints "may be investigated by law enforcement authorities if criminal activity is suspected."

"As a general rule, passengers are required to cooperate with the screening process. Cooperation may involve answering questions about their property, including why they are carrying a large sum of cash. A passenger who refuses to answer questions may be referred to appropriate authorities for further inquiry," the TSA said.

Mr. Bierfeldt made his flight on time and said he had not decided whether to file a formal complaint against the officers or the agency.

"Everyone in these types of situations needs to stand up for their rights," said Mr. Bierfeldt, whose organization describes itself as supporting constitutional ideals and a free-market society.

The Campaign for Liberty already had objected to Missouri's militia report. On March 24, Missouri Department of Public Safety Director John Britt sent a letter to all the named candidates acknowledging the state had made a mistake.

"I have ordered that the offending report be edited so as to excise all reference to Ron Paul, Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin and to any third-party political organizations," Mr. Britt said. "Additionally, you may rest assured that the report is not posted on any website maintained by the State of Missouri."

"The Missouri Department of Public Safety regrets any inconvenience or issues caused inadvertently by the unnecessary inclusion of certain components by MIAC in its militia report," Mr. Britt said.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Welcome to a week ago. You even posted in the other thread. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/23981.html

Anywho... I really hope he sues those bastards. That's the only way people and organizations learn anything these days.

Thumbs up to the timesfor an objective article as well.

Gotta love this line too:

"As a general rule, passengers are required to cooperate with the screening process. Cooperation may involve answering questions about their property, including why they are carrying a large sum of cash. A passenger who refuses to answer questions may be referred to appropriate authorities for further inquiry," the TSA said.

I really don't give a damn about "general rules." Nor do I see what their issue is with large sums of cash or who determines what a "large sum" is. $5,000? $2,000? $1,000? $500?$50? Can a cop detain me and search my wallet for "large sums of cash" while I walk down the street? I think not.

I can understand stopping him for a large metal box and checking out what the box mine be, checking what's in the box, etc. But if it's not a bomb in the box, thenWHY he has "large sums" of cash or a pile of his wife's panties in the box isn't any of their damn business.