Thread: Open Carry or CC wearing a KILT

Post imported post

Okay kids- I just got out of the hot tub and have a towel around my midsection and I just got the crazy idea of carrying a weapon with a kilt.

There is a Celtic Festival in Bethlehem, PA every year where lots of men wear kilts. Some of these men are very stout and wear all manner of very large knives with their attire. If you weren't armed with a handgun you would think twice, or thrice about making light of their toggery

My question to this forum is this: does anyone know of any methods of concealed carry with a kilt, and/or open carry with a kilt.

Any links to websites or pictures.

Post imported post

Carry it in a Sporan.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Banned

Post imported post

Tie your two guns together using a cordor astring .

A knot similar to the one used to tie shoes is best .

Having to cut the string with a knife may be dangerous in a stress situation .

Post imported post

This one's for fighting, and this one's for fun!

:shock:

Banned

Post imported post

KAHR54 wrote:
    Okay kids- I just got out of the hot tub and have a towel around my midsection and I just got the crazy idea of carrying a weapon with a kilt.

There is a Celtic Festival in Bethlehem, PA every year where lots of men wear kilts. Some of these men are very stout and wear all manner of very large knives with their attire. If you weren't armed with a handgun you would think twice, or thrice about making light of their toggery

My question to this forum is this: does anyone know of any methods of concealed carry with a kilt, and/or open carry with a kilt.

Any links to websites or pictures.
    http://www.neokilt.com/mens.html

Built in holsters. Scroll down.

Post imported post

With the belts that are being used you should have no problem using any holster that you currently use while wearing pants.

http://www.utilikilts.com/index.php?page_id=27

'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Post imported post

Look at this old thread:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...ts-irish+carry

Apparently, utilikilt is antigun, but there is another kilt-maker that actually makes a kilt with a holster built into it.

Here: it's Neokilts. On this page you can see the hoslter accessory.

http://www.neokilt.com/accessories.html

Post imported post

http://cheapspeech.com/Pics/Events/O..._Priceless.jpg

From San Diego's most recent OC outing.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

Shoulder holster is an option, hell just carry a shotgun with it slung across the back.

Post imported post

haven't we covered this topic enough times already?

Paddle holster is the answer

Post imported post

I attend several Celtic festivals kilted every year, and I just got back from a kilted get together with 12 or so other kilted gentlemen and their wives in tidewater yesterday. I use the Sporran shown in the link below. Since our get together was at an alcohol serving restaurant, I couldn't carry, but going to the gathering and on the way home the next day, I carried my Colt snubbie in the velcroed front pocket. It is a bit of a tight fit in the sporran, but a Keltec .380 would be a perfect fit. Jerry at Stillwater has dropped the line from his description recently, but it used to say, "The front pocket is ideal for concealed carry while wearing a kilt". I'll try and post a pic or two later.

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/Sti...caTitle=Stillw
    You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

Lots of good suggestions above.
    This past Saturday I wore my kilt to the Science EXPO & Tartan Day here in San Diego. When I tried to put my Serpa Blackhawk paddle holster on, I found that it would not fit over two layers of wool, a thick leather belt and two buckles on my right side. Also, my kilt belt is too wide for any of my belt holsters.
    I was in too much of a hurry to figure out another way to wear it so I just went without the gun.

Post imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
    . When I tried to put my Serpa Blackhawk paddle holster on, I found that it would not fit over two layers of wool, a thick leather belt and two buckles on my right side. Also, my kilt belt is too wide for any of my belt holsters.
    Hmm... I see your point. I'll have a look at my Serpa and my kilt when I get a chance but I can see how it might not open wide enough to sit securely.

Shoulder holster?

Post imported post

I'm sure I can figure out a way to make it work if I give it a little thought. For instance, I could hook it over just the belt and move it a little to the rear, 4 o'clock. And I would dearly love to get a G.I. WWII issue shoulder holster for my 1911.
    However, I suspect this (kilt carry) is not a wide-spread concern for most of the members of this forum.

Post imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
    I'm sure I can figure out a way to make it work if I give it a little thought. For instance, I could hook it over just the belt and move it a little to the rear, 4 o'clock. And I would dearly love to get a G.I. WWII issue shoulder holster for my 1911.
    However, I suspect this (kilt carry) is not a wide-spread concern for most of the members of this forum.
    There seems to be at least 3 or 4 of us here and I've seen some on other gun forums. Steve, at Freedom Kilts would probably add a carry pocket if anyone asked him. I've been eying his dress model kilts for some time now, and they are down to $285 Canadian now. If I decide to buy one, I might ask him.

Post imported post

Allright, that did it! When's the first annual Open Carry Kilt event? Looks like we need one.

Post imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
    Well, the RKBA community is nothing if not loaded with "out there" kind of people. It really doesn't surprise me to find threads like this.

I've already told my friends here that I've though wearing a kilt for hiking on hot days sounds like a good idea, but the things are not cheap.

Post imported post

I am going to state (for the record) I do not wear a kilt. However, I do remember a character in a novel by Robert Heinlein (Lazarus Long) who carried a sidearm and a knife (dagger) concealed on his person while wearing a kilt. I seem to recall that he wore the weaponry attached to his thighs. I don't know what you guys would think, but it would be easy to draw from, if you didn't mind flashing the neighbors while you "whipped it out":what:

As far as OC goes, if you were going to wear a shoulder holster, I would reccomend a vertical holster. While the horizontal holsters look cool, I know of at least one individual who shot the person behind him while fussing with a shoulder rig, and an M-9. I know, I know, trigger control, muzzle control, etc. Don't blast me on this one, but I carry a 1911 in a shoulder rig, but it is a vertical rig. It is the same rig that Don Johnson used in Miami Vice about 1000 years or so ago. (I remember when that show was on TV, and I don't mean TVLand.)

Anyway, I am thinking about the whole kilt thing, it stays above 100 all summer, here in Vegas, and I am thinking it might be the way go. Besides, you need BALLS to wear a kilt.

Remember what Mr Heinlein used to say "An armed society is a polite society"

Darth

Post imported post

If cost is an issue, you might check out this guys ebay store. His business is in London but shipping is only about $15.
    I bought a Black Watch kilt and am very impressed with the quality.

http://stores.ebay.com/fredonline321

Post imported post

Post imported post

Darth Tator wrote:
    I am going to state (for the record) I do not wear a kilt. However, I do remember a character in a novel by Robert Heinlein (Lazarus Long) who carried a sidearm and a knife (dagger) concealed on his person while wearing a kilt. I seem to recall that he wore the weaponry attached to his thighs. I don't know what you guys would think, but it would be easy to draw from, if you didn't mind flashing the neighbors while you "whipped it out":what:

As far as OC goes, if you were going to wear a shoulder holster, I would reccomend a vertical holster. While the horizontal holsters look cool, I know of at least one individual who shot the person behind him while fussing with a shoulder rig, and an M-9. I know, I know, trigger control, muzzle control, etc. Don't blast me on this one, but I carry a 1911 in a shoulder rig, but it is a vertical rig. It is the same rig that Don Johnson used in Miami Vice about 1000 years or so ago. (I remember when that show was on TV, and I don't mean TVLand.)

Anyway, I am thinking about the whole kilt thing, it stays above 100 all summer, here in Vegas, and I am thinking it might be the way go. Besides, you need BALLS to wear a kilt.

Remember what Mr Heinlein used to say "An armed society is a polite society"

Darth

The character was Lazarus Long, from Heinlein's Future History series. Here is a link ti some of the more famous Long quotes. Many seem to be especially relevant today.

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/lazarus_long/