• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry or CC wearing a KILT

KAHR54

imported post

Okay kids- I just got out of the hot tub and have a towel around my midsection and I just got the crazy idea of carrying a weapon with a kilt.

There is a Celtic Festival in Bethlehem, PA every year where lots of men wear kilts. Some of these men are very stout and wear all manner of very large knives with their attire. If you weren't armed with a handgun you would think twice, or thrice about making light of their toggery

My question to this forum is this: does anyone know of any methods of concealed carry with a kilt, and/or open carry with a kilt.

Any links to websites or pictures.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Tie your two guns together using a cordor astring .

A knot similar to the one used to tie shoes is best .

Having to cut the string with a knife may be dangerous in a stress situation .

Aran

Banned
imported post

KAHR54 wrote:
Okay kids- I just got out of the hot tub and have a towel around my midsection and I just got the crazy idea of carrying a weapon with a kilt.

There is a Celtic Festival in Bethlehem, PA every year where lots of men wear kilts. Some of these men are very stout and wear all manner of very large knives with their attire. If you weren't armed with a handgun you would think twice, or thrice about making light of their toggery

My question to this forum is this: does anyone know of any methods of concealed carry with a kilt, and/or open carry with a kilt.

Any links to websites or pictures.
http://www.neokilt.com/mens.html

Built in holsters. Scroll down.

streetdoc

imported post

With the belts that are being used you should have no problem using any holster that you currently use while wearing pants.

http://www.utilikilts.com/index.php?page_id=27

original_lg.jpg

celticredneck

imported post

I attend several Celtic festivals kilted every year, and I just got back from a kilted get together with 12 or so other kilted gentlemen and their wives in tidewater yesterday. I use the Sporran shown in the link below. Since our get together was at an alcohol serving restaurant, I couldn't carry, but going to the gathering and on the way home the next day, I carried my Colt snubbie in the velcroed front pocket. It is a bit of a tight fit in the sporran, but a Keltec .380 would be a perfect fit. Jerry at Stillwater has dropped the line from his description recently, but it used to say, "The front pocket is ideal for concealed carry while wearing a kilt". I'll try and post a pic or two later.

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/St...K-SPRN-NS1?&caSKU=SWK-SPRN-NS1&caTitle=Stillw

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Lots of good suggestions above.
This past Saturday I wore my kilt to the Science EXPO & Tartan Day here in San Diego. When I tried to put my Serpa Blackhawk paddle holster on, I found that it would not fit over two layers of wool, a thick leather belt and two buckles on my right side. Also, my kilt belt is too wide for any of my belt holsters.
I was in too much of a hurry to figure out another way to wear it so I just went without the gun.

RockyMtnScotsman

imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
. When I tried to put my Serpa Blackhawk paddle holster on, I found that it would not fit over two layers of wool, a thick leather belt and two buckles on my right side. Also, my kilt belt is too wide for any of my belt holsters.
Hmm... I see your point. I'll have a look at my Serpa and my kilt when I get a chance but I can see how it might not open wide enough to sit securely.

Shoulder holster?

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I'm sure I can figure out a way to make it work if I give it a little thought. For instance, I could hook it over just the belt and move it a little to the rear, 4 o'clock. And I would dearly love to get a G.I. WWII issue shoulder holster for my 1911.
However, I suspect this (kilt carry) is not a wide-spread concern for most of the members of this forum.

celticredneck

imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
I'm sure I can figure out a way to make it work if I give it a little thought. For instance, I could hook it over just the belt and move it a little to the rear, 4 o'clock. And I would dearly love to get a G.I. WWII issue shoulder holster for my 1911.
However, I suspect this (kilt carry) is not a wide-spread concern for most of the members of this forum.

There seems to be at least 3 or 4 of us here and I've seen some on other gun forums. Steve, at Freedom Kilts would probably add a carry pocket if anyone asked him. I've been eying his dress model kilts for some time now, and they are down to $285 Canadian now. If I decide to buy one, I might ask him.

prcE6

imported post

Allright, that did it! When's the first annual Open Carry Kilt event? Looks like we need one.

Tomahawk

imported post

flintlock tom wrote:

Well, the RKBA community is nothing if not loaded with "out there" kind of people. It really doesn't surprise me to find threads like this.

I've already told my friends here that I've though wearing a kilt for hiking on hot days sounds like a good idea, but the things are not cheap.

Darth Tater

imported post

I am going to state (for the record) I do not wear a kilt. However, I do remember a character in a novel by Robert Heinlein (Lazarus Long) who carried a sidearm and a knife (dagger) concealed on his person while wearing a kilt. I seem to recall that he wore the weaponry attached to his thighs. I don't know what you guys would think, but it would be easy to draw from, if you didn't mind flashing the neighbors while you "whipped it out":what:

As far as OC goes, if you were going to wear a shoulder holster, I would reccomend a vertical holster. While the horizontal holsters look cool, I know of at least one individual who shot the person behind him while fussing with a shoulder rig, and an M-9. I know, I know, trigger control, muzzle control, etc. Don't blast me on this one, but I carry a 1911 in a shoulder rig, but it is a vertical rig. It is the same rig that Don Johnson used in Miami Vice about 1000 years or so ago. (I remember when that show was on TV, and I don't mean TVLand.):cry:

Anyway, I am thinking about the whole kilt thing, it stays above 100 all summer, here in Vegas, and I am thinking it might be the way go. Besides, you need BALLS to wear a kilt.

Remember what Mr Heinlein used to say "An armed society is a polite society"

Darth