• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry or CC wearing a KILT

celticredneck

imported post

Darth Tator wrote:
I am going to state (for the record) I do not wear a kilt. However, I do remember a character in a novel by Robert Heinlein (Lazarus Long) who carried a sidearm and a knife (dagger) concealed on his person while wearing a kilt. I seem to recall that he wore the weaponry attached to his thighs. I don't know what you guys would think, but it would be easy to draw from, if you didn't mind flashing the neighbors while you "whipped it out":what:

As far as OC goes, if you were going to wear a shoulder holster, I would reccomend a vertical holster. While the horizontal holsters look cool, I know of at least one individual who shot the person behind him while fussing with a shoulder rig, and an M-9. I know, I know, trigger control, muzzle control, etc. Don't blast me on this one, but I carry a 1911 in a shoulder rig, but it is a vertical rig. It is the same rig that Don Johnson used in Miami Vice about 1000 years or so ago. (I remember when that show was on TV, and I don't mean TVLand.):cry:

Anyway, I am thinking about the whole kilt thing, it stays above 100 all summer, here in Vegas, and I am thinking it might be the way go. Besides, you need BALLS to wear a kilt.

Remember what Mr Heinlein used to say "An armed society is a polite society"

Darth

The character was Lazarus Long, from Heinlein's Future History series. Here is a link ti some of the more famous Long quotes. Many seem to be especially relevant today.

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/lazarus_long/