View Poll Results: Does a written corporate policy respecting carry rights override/restrict a store/district/regional

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 93.33%
  • No

1 6.67%
  • Undecided

0 0%

Thread: Forum Poll

Post imported post

While it is generally accepted here that a store manager has the authority to ask anyone to leave their (private) property at any time for any reason, one thing I'm wondering about is what happens when such a decision is not theirs to make?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Yes it does but it's not worth a trespassing charge trying to prove it in the moment. Better to come at the company after the fact when I say.

Banned

Post imported post

If I am asked to give up my right to defend myself , there better be an armed guard to protect mebecause I am sueing if something happens . The victims of the GUN FREE ZONES should group together and sue SUE SUE . The idiots that want to take my rights away need to stand up and be responsible for their actions . Let's show them how we spread the wealth ... their wealth .

Maybe it is me however even though it is a multible choice I still feel like ........ Vinnie Barbarino . I'm so confused .

Banned

Post imported post

I'm with the cat.

What the hell are you on about?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
    While it is generally accepted here that a store manager has the authority to ask anyone to leave their (private) property at any time for any reason, one thing I'm wondering about is what happens when such a decision is not theirs to make?
    I'm thinking the law makes it the managersdecision to make in the moment, or rather recognizes it as hisdecision to make in the moment.

In fact, doesn't the trespassing law mention property owner, agent, representative, etc.? I can't recall ever hearing of a trespassing lawthat mentioned store policy, nor said "except when the trespasser can show the arresting officer that corporate policy contradicts."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned

Post imported post

But if the manager's power forbids him from kicking out for Reason X, one could argue in that case he's not acting as agent or representative of the company.

Post imported post

Aran wrote:
    But if the manager's power forbids him from kicking out for Reason X, one could argue in that case he's not acting as agent or representative of the company.
    I agree. If company policy says that no employee of the company is entitled to ask anyone to leave solely on the basis of legal carry of a firearm, the agent of the company in this case would be whomever wrote the policy. DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV. This opinion is worth what you paid for it. If they ask me to leave, I'm gone. I'll fight the battle with corporate, not the police.

Post imported post

Every job I've had I've signed a document stating that I will follow the companies policies. Managers sign the same thing. If it is company policy to adhere to the laws of the state regarding firearms then the manager must abide by that. If a manager is going against company policy then he is not acting as a Representative of the company.

This is something to be dealt with after you have left. I do not know for sure but I doubt LE will take the time to contact corporate for clarification. They will most likely take the word of the manager and cite you for trespass.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12