Thread: OC in a City Park.

Post imported post

Before I get a lotta "you need to post this in the NM forum", i understand that and will post a link to this one. but, this forum gets a lot more attention and there by hopefully will get this answered a bit faster.

here's the deal. i am going to a bike rally tomorrow at a city park here in alamogordo nm. i fully plan to OC. but, upon looking at the NM laws, i can't find anything that says i can't. am i missing something? there will not be alcohol involved so i'm gtg that way and it's not private property so i don't have to worry about being asked to leave. please tell me what i'm missing or what i should be looking for. thanks in advance.

Banned

Post imported post

Laws only say what you can't do.

If it doesn't say you can't, what is the assumption?

Post imported post

ya i understand that. the law also says you can't carry on private property if it's posted on a 12x12 sign. but, i definitly got arrested/hassled for ocing where there where no signs orstatutesposted against it. i just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything with my own homework.

Post imported post

call the local police and ask them LOL
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Post imported post

complied with. the main reason i was asking is because it was an event that was sponsored in part by the sheriffs dept and dps. there where about 10-15 LEOs of various kinds there. everything went off without a hitch. lotta stares et as per the norm but other than that no problems at all.