• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC or OC at Tea Party

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I was informed today by an ex LEO that it was illegal in Washington state toOC or CC at a political rally. I can not find any RCW to back up his statment, Am I missing something?

Orphan

Phssthpok

imported post

Unless said rally was conducted in a location where the possession of a sidearm would already be prohibited, I'd say he's full of hooey!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I am having trouble getting the RCW search feature to work right now. However, I am unaware of any law prohibiting the lawful carry of a firearm at a political rally, provided of course that said rally is not at a prohibited location, such a school.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Thanks. I came to the same conclusion but it is nice to have other opinions. There are just too many laws and its just too easy to over lookthe one that gets you in hot water.

Orphan

adamsesq

imported post

Without giving an opinion one way or the other I will say that taking your legal advice from a LEO is almost always a bad idea. It ranks right up there with concealed weapons permit class instructors and the internet.

-adamsesq

Shy_Panda

imported post

I will be CCing to that one orphan... they already think that we are crazy for thinking the government should stop effing us in the A. Perhaps I will see you down there though, plan on making a trip back up for that one.

Should be easy to spot me... I'll be the one CCing the Kel Tec PF9. :p

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
I will be CCing to that one orphan... they already think that we are crazy for thinking the government should stop effing us in the A. Perhaps I will see you down there though, plan on making a trip back up for that one.

Should be easy to spot me... I'll be the one CCing the Kel Tec PF9. :p

If everyone were to carry maybe the gov. would think twice before effing us in the A. After all that is what the 2nd ammendment is about.