• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

chattanooga tea party

old dog

imported post

[align=left][/align]Chattanooga's tax day tea party is slated for "Ross's Landing behind the aquarium".

Can anyone state definitively whether this is a park where weapons are banned? Organizers are unresponsive.

st33ve0

imported post

It's not a park as far as I know. I was able to get in contact with the organizer who asked me not to open carry for media reasons and stated that he would like to organize a 2A rally some time around July. I will contact him again about this to make sure it goes through.

old dog

imported post

Tennessee just relaxed park-carry rules though, as I understand it, municipalities still have the option of banning weapons in their parks.

Keep us posted as to 2A rally.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

st33ve0 wrote:
It's not a park as far as I know. I was able to get in contact with the organizer who asked me not to open carry for media reasons and stated that he would like to organize a 2A rally some time around July. I will contact him again about this to make sure it goes through.

The organizer is worried about media? The media pretty much ignored the Tax Day TEA parties. There were a few of us that OC at the Nashville event and I don't think it was ever mentioned by the media. I even hung around a news crew a bit to see if they would notice my holstered firearm and maybe ask for an enterview. I guess they weren't interested.

If it isn't illegal, carry OC. Gun owners/carriers are tax payers, too. We have a right to protest Obama's tax and spend agenda just as much as anybody.

falcon1

imported post

old dog wrote:
Tennessee just relaxed park-carry rules though, as I understand it, municipalities still have the option of banning weapons in their parks.

Keep us posted as to 2A rally.
This legislation is pending and has not been approved in the same form by both houses of the general assembly (unless that happened today). The governor has signed nothing yet, so still be certain to ascertain whether the location is a park or not.

ETA: The Tennessee House just concurred with the Senate version 54-41. So, the default position on local parks if the Governor signs this will be that local parks are carry-legal unless the local jurisdiction opts out by majority vote of its governing body. Once sent to the Governor, he can either sign, veto, or allow to become law without his signature after ten days. Whatever happens, the law does not become effective until 1 September 2009. Just be careful.