Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Pittsburgh Shooting This Morning

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    324

    Post imported post

    Saw this flipping through the channels on FOX News. Domestic dispute turned deadly as 3 police officers were killed. Apparently the gun man was recently retired from the military, and fired "hundreds of rounds" from a high powered "automatic" "AK-47" which apparently can "cause massive amounts of damage", and can "easily outgun the Police and their SWAT Teams."

    YAY! More ammo for the gun grabbing socialists.



  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    The amount of shootings being reported in the past couple months is ludicrous. The media is definitely gearing people up for some anti-gun legislation. Give it another few months and the public will be so terrified of a non-real threat (hmmm, why does that sound familiar) that they'll be lining up to give their rights away (hmmm, deja vu yet again...).

  3. #3
    Regular Member JOESEEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver, Washington, USA
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    Was it Full auto because police carry ar -15's in the trunk which is way better then an ak. If it was Full auto how did heget it? does he hold a FFL if not it was illegal to own.It sounds slanted by media if you ask me. I don't consider and ak high powered. A hight powered weapon in my opinion is .30-06, .308, .338, .50. these are weapons that have an effective range of 1000 yards accurately with a deep penetration as where an ak has the same effective range is a 50/50 chance of even hitting a target. so they are extremely inaccurate even though its a bigger round. an ar-15 has a fire rate of 800 rounds/min. and an ak-47 has a fire rate of 600 rounds a min. thus a single ak against one ar is out gunned but when you add the accuracy of the officers constant training to the fact that it was three firearms to one and one of those three could possible be an ar the gun men was by far out gunned even with an illegal full auto ak. further more just because he was just out of the military means absolutely nothing how do we know that he served any more then one day, and just because he was in the military does not make him a great shot. If he was in the service for any length of time he would know that it much more effective to count your rounds and make each one count thus making full auto useless. judging by the fact that more then 100 rounds where fired and only three people where hurt (I feel for the family's of these officers and I pray for them) shows me that he was totally incompetent as a shooter and further more might have even been dishonorably discharged (making it illegal for him to own a fire in most if not all states). In conclusion I would like to say that it makes me so made that people just say automatic at the drop of the dime. A semi auto can fire just as fast as an automatic but you have full control of where the rounds impact. If you don't know anything about firearms don't even talk about them(reporters need to shut up and get educated on the topic before opening there mouth and i mean educated by a qualified instructor. they need to stop spreading lies and tell the "TRUTH".
    Ad maiorem Dei gloriam Ducimus Doctrinas bello aptare n umbra, igitur, pugnabimus Citius, altius, fortius Pro patria Semper paratus Semper fidelis. Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    674

    Post imported post

    I'm not reading a word of that block of text, but I'm going to assume you're wrong.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    23

    Post imported post

    you don't need a ffl to own a machine gun

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Aran wrote:
    I'm not reading a word of that block of text, but I'm going to assume you're wrong.



    I read the block to save you the time and effort, and... yes.


    He just bench raced guns like Motor Trend readers bench race exotics they've never even seen in person.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gloucester, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    629

    Post imported post

    Yep the last month has been full of gun violence for sure. Yet I wonder how many people have died in automobile incidents in the past month, or have passed away because of cigarrette related illnesses.

    Sounds like the guy had some issues already, I mean he was kicked out of the marines, not retired, for throwing a mess tray at a drill sargent. He had been in fist fights with neighbors , all this according to what I read from the news reports.

    He was known in the area as a "kid" to avoid if possible, according to neighbors. Perhaps a mental health canidate that slipped through the cracks?

  8. #8
    Regular Member JOESEEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver, Washington, USA
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    akmisrmaadi wrote:
    you don't need a ffl to own a machine gun
    I stand corrected onthe FFl requirement for automatic weapons. further research shows that it is leagal to buy one. i apologize !
    Ad maiorem Dei gloriam Ducimus Doctrinas bello aptare n umbra, igitur, pugnabimus Citius, altius, fortius Pro patria Semper paratus Semper fidelis. Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    akmisrmaadi wrote:
    you don't need a ffl to own a machine gun
    I believe it DOES REQUIRE a special permit to own a full auto.

  10. #10
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    958

    Post imported post

    Pagan wrote:
    Yep the last month has been full of gun violence for sure. Yet I wonder how many people have died in automobile incidents in the past month, or have passed away because of cigarrette related illnesses.
    Deaths from Obesity/Diabetes/heart disease, lung Cancer, narcotic overdose, AIDS and motor vehicle crash doesn't matter. The media and the Brady Bunch are only interested in gun violence.

    Gotta' ban those evil guns going around killing people. Do it for the childd-run!

    /sarcasm.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,510

    Post imported post

    Task Force 16 wrote:
    akmisrmaadi wrote:
    you don't need a ffl to own a machine gun
    I believe it DOES REQUIRE a special permit to own a full auto.
    No.

    It requires $200 and a background check. If the check clears and you pass the background check, you receive the tax stamp authorizing you to own the gun.



  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,510

    Post imported post

    Spectre wrote:
    Domestic dispute turned deadly as 3 police officers were killed. Apparently the gun man was recently retired from the military...
    I wonder where that came from. The guy was 23 and had been dishonorably discharged from the Marines during boot camp a couple of years ago.



  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    324

    Post imported post

    KBCraig wrote:
    Spectre wrote:
    Domestic dispute turned deadly as 3 police officers were killed. Apparently the gun man was recently retired from the military...
    I wonder where that came from. The guy was 23 and had been dishonorably discharged from the Marines during boot camp a couple of years ago.

    *
    I just typed up what they said, but hey they're the media. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. :?

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    KBCraig wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:
    akmisrmaadi wrote:
    you don't need a ffl to own a machine gun
    I believe it DOES REQUIRE a special permit to own a full auto.
    No.

    It requires $200 and a background check. If the check clears and you pass the background check, you receive the tax stamp authorizing you to own the gun.

    OK, but my boss told me that the background check is more strengient than the normal check. He could have been stretching the truth, though.

    Personally, I don't have any use for a full auto. Spray and pray is a waste of ammo in my opinion. I prefer to try to make every shot count, so semi-auto works well for me.

    When the video was shown on the news I could here shots being fired in rapid succession, but I didn't hear any full auto bursts. Sounded to me like someone was rapid firing a semi-auto.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    674

    Post imported post

    Task Force 16 wrote:
    KBCraig wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:
    akmisrmaadi wrote:
    you don't need a ffl to own a machine gun
    I believe it DOES REQUIRE a special permit to own a full auto.
    No.

    It requires $200 and a background check. If the check clears and you pass the background check, you receive the tax stamp authorizing you to own the gun.

    OK, but my boss told me that the background check is more strengient than the normal check. He could have been stretching the truth, though.

    Personally, I don't have any use for a full auto. Spray and pray is a waste of ammo in my opinion. I prefer to try to make every shot count, so semi-auto works well for me
    Oi.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    St Marys Georgia, ,
    Posts
    15

    Post imported post

    If he got a dishonorable discharge from the military, is that the same as being a felon when it comes to possessing a firearm?

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    324

    Post imported post

    Fran wrote:
    If he got a dishonorable discharge from the military, is that the same as being a felon when it comes to possessing a firearm?
    Absolutely!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •