• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well I did it again.....

GWbiker

imported post

After about a 10 year absence, I just joined the NRA. I'm already an AZCDL member.

With all the Media coverage of the Oakland Policemen shooting, the Binghamton massacre and the Pittsburgh shooting on Friday, I fear an anti-gun storm is brewing off in the distance, headed by the "Brady Bunch" and their influential followers.

IMHO, the Brady's are gonna' use whatever lies and bogus stats necessary thru the media to build support in Congress. And with the Dems controlling Congress along with the "Messiah" residing in the white house, it don't look good!

I wish I could be more optimistic about our future as reponsible gun owners.:(

Machoduck

imported post

I notice that every time there's gun control on the table we're flooded with news of incidents like these. Just like the police, I refuse to believe in coincidence.

MD

400HP

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
After about a 10 year absence, I just joined the NRA. I'm already an AZCDL member.

With all the Media coverage of the Oakland Policemen shooting, the Binghamton massacre and the Pittsburgh shooting on Friday, I fear an anti-gun storm is brewing off in the distance, headed by the "Brady Bunch" and their influential followers.

IMHO, the Brady's are gonna' use whatever lies and bogus stats necessary thru the media to build support in Congress. And with the Dems controlling Congress along with the "Messiah" residing in the white house, it don't look good!

I wish I could be more optimistic about our future as reponsible gun owners.:(

I am really struggling with the fact these things all of sudden begin to unfold. What the heck? The economy?

One thing for certain, the press will be lopsided and relentless on the coverage. My understanding is the Pittsburgh cop killer was worried about Obama's gun policies, BUT he was a prohibited possessor. His second ammend. rights were long gone. But it is great press for the masses.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

The increase in violence is actually probably more attributable to the poor economy. After all, poverty is the single greatest contributor to increase in crime rate.

On the other hand, the MSM coverage of these incidents is most certainly not due to the economy, but to duplicity with TPTB on the part of the media, in an effort to steal away more of our rights.

For Pete's sake, North Korea (who has already proved its ability to create a crude nuclear weapon) launched a long range missile last night, but where was most of the media coverage? The shooting in Pittsburgh. The missile launch got very minimal attention. It's even possible that this launch means that Kim Jong Il could explode a nuclear device in Los Angeles or Seattle, but some wack job killing 3 police officers is a bigger story?

imported post

Machoduck wrote:
I notice that every time there's gun control on the table we're flooded with news of incidents like these. Just like the police, I refuse to believe in coincidence.

MD
There is no coincidence with regards to these "gun tragedies." The MSM will find whatever story, wherever it happens, to help play up the "Guns are EVIL" sentiment, and support the anti-gunners.

Plenty of gun-related crime happens all over the country every day. Most of it never gets reported, even if there are multiple victims -- UNTIL it suits the agenda. Then it's everywhere.