• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time I’ve seen a sign forbidding Open Carry

DRS244

imported post

I took my family out to dinner tonight and saw my first "No Open Carry Allowed" sign on the door entering a restaurant. Needless to say we didn't go in and gave our hard earned money toan OC friendly restaurant instead.

Correction: Bans Guns not "No Open Carry Allowed"

(Here is the place with the sign)

Buffalo Wild Wings
GAINESVILLE (#0229)
Gateway Center
5143 Wellington Rd
Gainesville, VA 20155
Phone: 703-754-7017

curtiswr

imported post

Guess they are like the one in Richmond, then?

http://www.vcdl.org/static/gue.html#Buffalo%20Wild%20Wings

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Buffalo Wild Wings was given bad information, or was confused, by a statement by a Virginia Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) agent. The ABC agent contacted the manager, and set the record straight. The managers of the restaurant now know that open carry is the only current legal carry method in their ABC licensed restaurant.

The management at this restaurant has decided they wish to ban guns. It is a franchise store. The antigun policy is apparently not the policy of the company. Conversations with the franchisor have lead us to believe this is a rogue store.

Buffalo Wild Wings
7801 West Broad, Suite 10
Richmond (Henrico), VA 23294
804-672-8732

02/25/2003[/font]

Whatever. I've never been and will never go. I like the wings appetizer from Extra Billy's here in Richmond followed with a pulled pork sandwich juuuust fine. :cool:

jegoodin

imported post

Forget BWW, go to Glory Days, they are apparently OC friendly and the wings are much better.

I've OC'd in the Gainsville, Culpeper, Centerville, Burke, Woodbridge, Sterling, Fairfax, and Manassas restaurants and I've never had any issues.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

DRS244 wrote:
I took my family out to dinner tonight and saw my first "No Open Carry Allowed" sign on the door entering a restaurant. Needless to say we didn't go in and gave our hard earned money toan OC friendly restaurant instead.

Buffalo Wild Wings
GAINESVILLE (#0229)
Gateway Center
5143 Wellington Rd
Gainesville, VA 20155
Interesting - perhaps they want to save room for armed assistant commonwealth attorneys who can drink while carrying concealed.:cool:

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DRS244 wrote:

Buffalo Wild Wings
GAINESVILLE (#0229)
Gateway Center
5143 Wellington Rd
Gainesville, VA 20155
I would LOVE to see a picture of that sign!!!

M@D H@TTER

imported post

Interesting. I've been there twice since they opened and didn't notice the sign. Guess I'll have to look harder.

I may strike up a conversation with the management at thatBWW. It's only been open for a couple weeks, so it's possible that with enough outcry they would take it down.

Then again, it's possible that there are other places that serve cold brew and hot wing :cool:.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

M@D H@TTER wrote:
Interesting. I've been there twice since they opened and didn't notice the sign. Guess I'll have to look harder.

I may strike up a conversation with the management at thatBWW. It's only been open for a couple weeks, so it's possible that with enough outcry they would take it down.

Then again, it's possible that there are other places that serve cold brew and hot wing :cool:.

Go to Foster's Grill. They have wings, the best burgers, and are very OC-friendly. And as you are sure to know, there's one in the heart of Haymarket.

DRS244

imported post

I took some pictures with my cell phone but they are difficult to see, I'll get some better ones with my real camera.

If you go to the restaurant look at the right side entry door under the company logo. It's hard to see the sign behind the mirrored glass.

Correction: Bans Guns not "No Open Carry Allowed"

untitled2-1.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

TFred

imported post

I think I'd really be tempted to go in, ask to see the manager, and congratulate him on this great accomplishment. Then ask how did they manage to get the criminals to agree to it? Maybe it was a union thing?

TFred