• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time I’ve seen a sign forbidding Open Carry

W.E.G.

imported post

The post card doesn't impress me.
In my opinion, it looks like paper spam.
Maybe good for advertising. Lousy for our message.

I question whether any business actually looks at post cards for a second.
At my business, all post cards go straight in the trash - same thing at my residence.

The most effective form of letter-writing is a white #10 envelope with first-class postage affixed, and a typewritten address.

The addressee should be specific person. The name should be spelled correctly. The letter should address the person in a cool, firm, and professional manner. The letter should be "cc'd" to the person next above in the chain of command.

DHCruiser

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The only time I've been asked to leave a restaurant while OCing was at BWW in West Virginia. From what little I read, it's their company policy. They lost my business permanently and I discourage others from visiting them.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

W.E.G. wrote:

At my business, all post cards go straight in the trash - same thing at my residence.

The most effective form of letter-writing is a white #10 envelope with first-class postage affixed, and a typewritten address.

The addressee should be specific person. The name should be spelled correctly. The letter should address the person in a cool, firm, and professional manner. The letter should be "cc'd" to the person next above in the chain of command.
The front is an eye catcher.. anyone that sees it.. postal sorting center, letter carrier, person that gets the mail, boss, assistant boss.. etc.. alot more eyes see it. So.. write your professional letter and send it too. Mine at least went out in the mail:exclaim:

virginiatuck

imported post

google.com turned up these:

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=9943879
Suspect Opens Fire In Crowded Buffalo Wild Wings
March 4, 2009 01:57 PM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A shooting at a crowded local restaurant sent folks running for their lives Tuesday night.
The shooting happened just after 10 p.m. at the Buffalo Wild Wings on Gallatin Pike. Police said three people got into an argument, and then one of them pulled out a gun and shot the other. Everyone fled the restaurant, including the victim.
Police said they believe the victim took himself to Skyline Medical Center and was expected to be ok.
Wednesday morning, police said they were searching for the suspect and the woman who was with him.

http://www.starexponent.com/cse/news/opinion/op_ed/article/our_view_sports_bar_a_victim_of_unwanted_behavior/31999/

OUR VIEW: Sports bar a victim of unwanted behavior Staff Editorial
Published: March 17, 2009

For St. Patty’s Day, what better time to answer last week’s “Issue” question: “What’s your favorite local restaurant for watching sporting events?”
And since Buffalo Wild Wings is such a popular destination, it also gives us an opportunity to weigh in on some not-so popular activities that have taken place there recently.

As everyone is aware, BW3s is quickly gaining the image of Culpeper’s new “rough bar” — even though we believe it still nicely serves the dual purpose of being a family-friendly entertainment venue while catering to the over-18 crowd during the late hours.
Yet in the wake of a drive-by shooting in which the suspects hit a pedestrian — thankfully resulting only in broken glass — the restaurant is rightfully ramping up security and taking measures to curtail unwanted hooliganism.
It’s unfortunate that Buffalo Wild Wings, open just under a year, has decided to close at midnight and canceled live entertainment for the time being. But given the circumstances, it was the right call.

It’s not the restaurant’s fault that a small percentage of drunken patrons continually get rowdy, do stupid things and require police intervention. We’re keeping our fingers crossed that things will return to normal soon at BW3s.
(And to answer a burning question, the third “W” in BW3 stands for “weck,” a kaiser roll seasoned with special toppings. The restaurant’s original name was Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck. The “weck” was dropped, but “BW3” stuck.)

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'll have to swing by the BW3 here in Lynchburg, where I had an issue last year, to see if they've put up signage. I had been a regular customer (nope didn't need extra fiber :) )for quite a while when I had my issue that I reported here, but I haven't been back since and really don't have any inclination of returning unless the management has changed over. If there is new management they may not make the same request the old did.

darthmord

imported post

jmelvin wrote:
I'll have to swing by the BW3 here in Lynchburg, where I had an issue last year, to see if they've put up signage. I had been a regular customer (nope didn't need extra fiber :) )for quite a while when I had my issue that I reported here, but I haven't been back since and really don't have any inclination of returning unless the management has changed over. If there is new management they may not make the same request the old did.
The one out at Greenbrier has the same signage posted.

Neplusultra

imported post

ed wrote:
W.E.G. wrote:

The front is an eye catcher.. anyone that sees it.. postal sorting center, letter carrier, person that gets the mail, boss, assistant boss.. etc.. alot more eyes see it. So.. write your professional letter and send it too. Mine at least went out in the mail:exclaim:
Actually both are good but you're right, it does no good unless it's in the mail :^). What did the front look like? At my business I typically do toss all junk mail away but I do look at it long enough to determine what it is first. Something unusual or eye catching may make me stop long enough to at least read the first line.

I give mail solicitations more time than phone solicitations. For some reason businesses cannot get on the no call list. I refuse to even listen to their pitch because if you do, or especially if you buy, you get on a "hot" list and the calls really come in after that.

AbNo

imported post

DRS244 wrote:
untitled2-1.jpg

untitled-1.jpg
Wait, according to the VCDL blurb, it's the franchise owner's decision, and BWW, Inc doesn't care.

Perhaps someone should complain to the corporate office? Someone that likes wings, perhaps? ;)

trio

imported post

my understanding is the one in Culpeper is closing after losing its liquor license because of the obscene amount of visits the police have had to make to it, including at times multi-jurisdictional back up.....

given the above article about the violence at the other one, maybe corporate is erroneously trying to prevent further incidents....(isn't this always the case? it makes me wonder the thought process....exec 1 "We seem to have a lot of drunken violence in our restaurants! exec 2: "Indeed, I wish there was a magic way to make it clearly stop!" President of Company: "But gents! The clear solution to our problems DOES it exist...it's called a "SIGN!!!!")

they won't get a cent of my money....regardless though, if they have become that much of a magnet for the asshattery of society I don't need to be there...

M@D H@TTER

imported post

if they have become that much of a magnet for the asshattery of society I don't need to be there...
I had noticed a high level of douchebagery the first time I went in there to eat. The second time we went there, we watched a woman back out from her parking space into a parkedtruck then drive off (my sister's boyfriend got the plate number and found the owners inside and told them what happened).

I'd say that if you wanted to avoid trouble, there are less troublesome, more gun friendly places to eat wings and drink.

On a related note, I went to Foster's Grill for the first time the other week. Good food and a nice lookin' place. Dunno if I'd buy another burger from them without a coupon though :lol:. It was good.....but expensive.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I meant to post up what I found at the Lynchburg Buffalo Wild Wings. I drove past the door a week or so back and there was no signage to be found banning the carry of firearms, but the general manager listed on the door seemed to be the one who was there last year, so I won't be going back since he hasn't turned over.

LEO 229

imported post

I always found it funny to ban something that has not actually been a problem in most places.

Guns do not just "explode" so they are not a danger by themselves. I cannot even think of any instances where a customer decided to use his gun and fire off a few rounds.

So I suspect that it really comes down to someone simply has a gun phobia.

Did the corporate office ban them or the franchise owner? It really does not matter.

In either case.... guns are not a welcomed item there. Is it a logical decision? Probably not. But someone in charge there has decided this is good for business.

If the business takes a huge hit on the customer count then maybe the sign will be removed. But being a business owner tracking my own numbers... I am going to doubt it. Not that many gun owners openly carry to make a difference.

Many people could still CC inside and nobody would know.

Marco

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I always found it funny to ban something that has not actually been a problem in most places.

Guns do not just "explode" so they are not a danger by themselves. I cannot even think of any instances where a customer decided to use his gun and fire off a few rounds.

So I suspect that it really comes down to someone simply has a gun phobia.

Did the corporate office ban them or the franchise owner? It really does not matter.

In either case.... guns are not a welcomed item there. Is it a logical decision? Probably not. But someone in charge there has decided this is good for business.

If the business takes a huge hit on the customer count then maybe the sign will be removed. But being a business owner tracking my own numbers... I am going to doubt it. Not that many gun owners openly carry to make a difference.

Many people could still CC inside and nobody would know.
That would be against the law, we are discussing a place that qualifies as a restaurant.
Being a sworn VA LEO you should know that.