• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting experiance at Radio Shack

What do your friends and family think about OC

• Friends don't like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Family doesn't like it

• Friends like it

• Family likes it

• Family doesn't care

• Friends don't care

• I would do it whether they liked it or not

• I don't OC around my family or friends

• Total voters

sempercarry

imported post

I went into radio shack OCing my Glock 23 in an Uncle Mikes Kydex paddle holster. The sales associate gratedme with a smile and asked if there was anything he could do for me. I told him I needed a charger for my phone andhe replied with a smile and "I hope we can help".Then He looked at my hip (probably to see what phone I had) and henoticed the weapon. His demeanor changed immediately. It seamed that I was inconveniencing him and that he had no interest in helping me at all. He was no longer cheerful, he just talked to my hip and when he looked at my face he seemed annoyed. I have been in there CCing many times and he has always gone above and beyond to get me what I need....not today. There was another employee there...a young woman who was happy and cheerful the entire time, she also noticed my gun almost immediately. Nothing was said, I just felt unwelcome. I forgot mydebit cardand had to go home and get it to pay for the charger....I half-expected a police car to be waiting for me....:?

sirpuma

imported post

I OCed once at a Radio Shack in White Center by the Target. They were all cool. One girl even commented that she wished she still had her pistol to carry. LOL

adamsesq

imported post

Which store?

FWIW I voted all of the above. Different situations for different friend, family, circumstances.

-adamsesq

amlevin

imported post

The clerk that was helping you probably was startled when he noticed your weapon and crapped his pants:what:. The reason he looked annoyed for the rest of your stay was that he was anxious to get to the rest room and get rid of the load:celebrate

grishnav

imported post

Every time I've OC'd in a Radio Shack, I've been met with curiosity and an opportunity to educate. And I've helped at least one employee get his CPL.

FogRider

imported post

For the most part my family and friends don't really care (there is one friend of mine who is not really comfortable around guns), and I'd carry even if they did care.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Most young people have grown up being brain washed :what:that guns are evil. It is hard to quickly overcome that. Seeing his reaction I would have asked him if he was uncomfortable, given a brief explination and passed along a brochure. He might have been the next OC convert standingin front ofyou. In any event at least you were not asked to cover up or leave.