• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sad story, another shooting

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Well, either it's all carefully controlled government conspiracies, or all the doom and gloom lately, unemployment, bad economy, etc... is starting to drive people over the edge.

scarlett1125

imported post

SV probably has a point. People are giving up their children and/or claiming to be abusive in order to get their children into the foster care system because they can't take care of them on their own (often due to medical issues that the parents can't afford). It's sad, but desperation does make people do things that they wouldn't normally do.

tat2ed_guy

imported post

If people cant stand the way the world is today why cant they just "off" themselves and leave everyone else alone. There has been way to many of these stories lately.

grishnav

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
If people cant stand the way the world is today why cant they just "off" themselves and leave everyone else alone. There has been way to many of these stories lately.
I'm sure a lot of 'em do, but it doesn't make the news.

holeinhead

imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
Cop killings, as well. Two multiple cop/swat killings in the last couple weeks.......what's up?
That's what I mean. The shootings in NY, PA, CA, now WA, all in a short time. I think the NY and WA case both involve someone who recently lost a job.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

grishnav wrote:
tat2ed_guy wrote:
I'm sure a lot of 'em do, but it doesn't make the news.

You're right, and you're right. I work as a mortician, andit happens much more than is publicized on the news or anywhere else. Its still a tradgedy, but I guess it's better than a murder/suicide situation like this one in Graham. My prayersfor those left behind.

Johnny Law

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Well, either it's all carefully controlled government conspiracies, or all the doom and gloom lately, unemployment, bad economy, etc... is starting to drive people over the edge.
There has been a big increase in homicides and suicides, and violent crime in general, andit will likelycontinue to get worse. I'm not sure what else to attribute it to besides the economy, and the despair it's causing many people.

In the case of the 5 children, The wife had told the husband that she was leaving him. After killing the kids, he went looking for the wife (and her new boyfriend) and couldn't locate her, or there would have likely been 2 additional bodies. He then ate hisrifle.

bugly

imported post

I have a one-word term for guys like that....COWARD.

All this does is make a mess for someone else to clean up, leaves people in the friends-and-family circle wondering if there was anything they could have done to prevent it, wondering if they caused it, etc. All it boils down to is the fact that people have no sense of personal responsibility anymore and they just take the "easy" way out.

I say bury the fool in a landfill, the kids should get a decent funeral, though.....

Sorry if I seem a bit jaded about this, but I've had family members do this kind of thing and it just pi$$es me off that somebody else now has to deal with the same thing I had to.

amzbrady

imported post

Possibly with an anti gun black president, we will see more shootings in the news involving white gun owners, and less black gang violence. I dont think there is anymore shootings than normal just more hype pointing it out.

Nitrox314

imported post

scarlett1125 wrote:
SV probably has a point. People are giving up their children and/or claiming to be abusive in order to get their children into the foster care system because they can't take care of them on their own (often due to medical issues that the parents can't afford). It's sad, but desperation does make people do things that they wouldn't normally do.
In history, when people could not afford to live, they would sometimes commit offenses to get thrown into jail just so they had a roof over their head and food

FMCDH

imported post

Sea_Chicken wrote:
If your gonna kill yourself why the hell would you kill your children? I just dont get it.
Misery loves company.

He didn't kill his kids to punish the kids, he killed them to punish his wife and make her life misery.

He had already decided that his life didn't mean anything to him or anyone else, how else in his mind was he suppose to get back at his ex?

When a person has decided that the sum of their life and what they have done and can do on this world amounts to zero, the belief that their soul counts for nothing and couldn't possibly get any worse is not far behind.