• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Almost shot a guy while 4X4ing today

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
marshaul wrote:
A few of us here have a few things to say about "common sense".

Your "common sense" regulations have no function, are generally self-defeating, and indicate a hatred of liberty.

IMO.
I just realized that you live in California...no wonder you have an axe to grind....Move.
:quirky

If you had your way, everywhere would be just like California. Not impressive coming out of your mouth.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
marshaul wrote:

Your "common sense" regulations have no function, are generally self-defeating, and indicate a hatred of liberty.

IMO.
I just realized that you live in California...no wonder you have an axe to grind....Move.

If you had your way, everywhere would be just like California. Not impressive coming out of your mouth.

Actually, refer to the above post...like I said, I love Washington State Constitution. Open carry state, shall issue, you can own magz with more than 10 rounds. The more I talk about this, the fresher Washington State air gets. How's the air there in Cali?...Im' sure not to good.

compmanio365

imported post

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
I'm surprised people here aren't smart enough to stop allowing various trolls to turn perfectly good discussions into sniping matches about stupid things........

antispam540

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
I'm surprised people here aren't smart enough to stop allowing various trolls to turn perfectly good discussions into sniping matches about stupid things........
It doesn't matter how many people refrain from feeding the trolls, there's always one who doesn't. One is all it takes. The only solution is to assign a moderator to the forum who can ban / delete obvious troll accounts / posts.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

antispam540 wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
It doesn't matter how many people refrain from feeding the trolls, there's always one who doesn't. One is all it takes. The only solution is to assign a moderator to the forum who can ban / delete obvious troll accounts / posts.
And look at you want to pick and choose which Civil Right you will embrace.
If you do not like others opinions then simply just do not read them nor response, pretty simple even for you.

antispam540

imported post

BigDave wrote:
antispam540 wrote:
And look at you want to pick and choose which Civil Right you will embrace.
If you do not like others opinions then simply just do not read them nor response, pretty simple even for you.
In public, sure. This, however, is "private property" on the internet - the forum isn't running on publicly-owned computers, and the bandwidth isn't payed for by joe citizen. If OCDO decides you're as nutty as the guy who keeps calling the store asking if they have prince albert in a can, they can kick your ass right out the door with no first-amendment repercussions.

When the majority of posts are on-topic until you or several other distinct individuals decide to post something that causes discord, that can either come under the heading of "providing a useful alternative viewpoint" or "trying to start an argument". When this is done with almost every single post, when the posted information is so far outside the realm of relevant opinions (seriously, DaemonForce, wtf is up with your 1800's-era view of women as mindless animals / sex objects?) it stops being a valuable contribution to the discussion and needs to stop.

When a user consistently contributes valuable viewpoints and/or information to a topic, that user is welcomed. When a user seems to exist only to start off-topic arguments, they need to leave.

Sparky508

imported post

Damn,

Not only was this thread revived from the grave, but given physical therapy and placment training.

Its like a little Christams miracle for us all to share!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
marshaul wrote:

IMO.

Actually, refer to the above post...like I said, I love Washington State Constitution.  Open carry state, shall issue, you can own magz with more than 10 rounds.  The more I talk about this, the fresher Washington State air gets.  How's the air there in Cali?...Im' sure not to good.
Nice try, neon-replicas tyrant. Washingtonian freedom exists in spite of you, so it's massively hypocritical to appeal to it for justification. I won't buy it.

I've also decided that you're a troll despite your ostensibly pro-OC stance, and I will no longer respond to your nonsense. Just know that nobody's been fooled by your inanity.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Marshul wrote

I've also decided that you're a troll despite your ostensibly pro-OC stance, and I will no longer respond to your nonsense. Just know that nobody's been fooled by your inanity.

YEAAAAAAAA:celebrate

Tawnos

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Nice try, neon-replicas tyrant. Washingtonian freedom exists in spite of you, so it's massively hypocritical to appeal to it for justification. I won't buy it.

Eh, I met her in person. She's not a troll, just a mother ;).

Take that as you will (both of you!)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I have met her too and she definitely isn't a troll and to me appeared to be a fine individual. Do I agree with more 'common sense' regulations? No. People either decide to use "common sense" or they don't. Seat belts don't save lives, people who wear them save their own life.

A side note on car seats, after the infant stage they fair no better than seat belts in saving lives.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Seat belts don't save lives, people who wear them save their own life.
Wow, I have never thought of it that way. I am always 100% seat belt can mean life or death, but never put it like that.

I guess I saved my own life before ;)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Seat belts don't save lives, people who wear them save their own life.
Wow, I have never thought of it that way. I am always 100% seat belt can mean life or death, but never put it like that.

I guess I saved my own life before ;)
Me too Poo, the odd thing I have been in 2 bad car wrecks were I wasn't wearing a seat belt and I survived those too, and a few motorcycle motorcycle wrecks. My step son was wearing his in a rollover we had this last summer at 70mph and he still flew out the window. ( there was only a belt strap) I was in the back seat with him and had the most injuries, still can't figure out how my left foot was almost cut in half, or how the back bone by my ankle was sticking of my leg but wasn't broken and seemed to have reset itself by the time they x-rayed it. I'm thinking maybe it was dislocated and popped back in while I was running around trying to make sure everyone else was ok.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Me too Poo, the odd thing I have been in 2 bad car wrecks were I wasn't wearing a seat belt and I survived those too, and a few motorcycle motorcycle wrecks. My step son was wearing his in a rollover we had this last summer at 70mph and he still flew out the window. ( there was only a belt strap) I was in the back seat with him and had the most injuries, still can't figure out how my left foot was almost cut in half, or how the back bone by my ankle was sticking of my leg but wasn't broken and seemed to have reset itself by the time they x-rayed it. I'm thinking maybe it was dislocated and popped back in while I was running around trying to make sure everyone else was ok.
:what:

While you're wondering about that, I am still wondering if the doctors are the assholes that ripped a patch of skin off my left leg and broke my right arm.

I was in the backseat also, and I can vouch for the backseat being the safest!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

You don't know about skin being ripped off until you have 30% of body burned and have to endure daily debriding (ripping off of skin). I am a good healer though doctor said he never saw anybody heal so fast or recover so quickly (I also would have been dead if I would have panicked) without horrible scarring. Most my face was hanging off like the guys at the end of Raiders of the lost Arc. I was all alone at my property no nearby neighbors and drove my self home.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I was in my boxers in the back seat (was in river earlier, pants drying), and I could clearly see my leg pinned by the drivers seat...and trust me they were no marks on my leg... so either skin was ripped off when I was pulled out of car or doctors did some bad bad things!

Everything else, I knew, hand bleeding broken, blood pouring down face, etc.

Maybe you're a neanderthal, ever thought about working for geico?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
I was in my boxers in the back seat (was in river earlier, pants drying), and I could clearly see my leg pinned by the drivers seat...and trust me they were no marks on my leg... so either skin was ripped off when I was pulled out of car or doctors did some bad bad things!

Everything else, I knew, hand bleeding broken, blood pouring down face, etc.

Maybe you're a neanderthal, ever thought about working for geico?
If they pulled you out through broken window or it was pinned and they pulled you out quickly for fear of car fire it could have happened there. Or maybe the doctors needed some genetic material to make a clone army of Poo's.

I could be cro-magnum I don't know about neanderthal. LOL.

lil_freak_66

imported post

Nitrox314 wrote:
You said you saw orange though? I am no expert on AK-47's but wouldn't that indicate a trainer or fake of somesort? I would have done the same regardless. When I was a teen, I was walking up the road to my girlfriend's (Future wife) house at night. At one of the intersections I was crossing a carful of girls drove up and they were laughing. I looked up to see a gun pointed at me. It was probably fake, but it looked real so I tried not to notice and walk away. I figured that if they were going to do something, I wouldn't be able to outrun them in a car anyways. Scared the crud outta me though. If it were me now I would have drawn and scared the crap out of them instead. Like I said, it was probably fake, but I would not bet my life on it.
havent you seen kwirknu's AK pistol??? whole thing is orange.lol.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tawnos wrote:
marshaul wrote:

Eh, I met her in person. She's not a troll, just a mother ;).

Take that as you will (both of you!)
I am sincerely grateful that my parents allowed me to exercise judgement while I was growing up.

So many parents want to cripple their children's decision-making capabilities by abrogating all responsibility on the part of the children in the name of "safety" and "common sense".

But this is absurd. I was capable of thought when I was a child; I remember it clearly. The ideal balance gives your kid room to learn to make to right decisions, the hard way if necessary.

This balance is not met when parenting is delivered by "common sense" nanny-tyrants eager to ban realistic airsoft because they are unable or unwilling to trust her own children with same.

I will say this once: there is nothing inherent about children or teenagers that makes them incapable of safely occupying a world in which realistic airsoft guns are legal. There is only poor parenting.

Having been young once and remembering it, this is the philosophy I grew up with. I suppose this means I will always be at odds with the latent nannies in our midst who, having apparently never been young, seem to have the notion that they bear monopolistic possession of so-called "common sense" and the general ability to form coherent thought.