• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

proud to be american

pescar

imported post

what is the dif between cpl.. ccw? i just want to be sure before i go oc'ing i live in kalamazoo mi. ..if any? cause i cant wait to oc and exspose the world to reality.. i have been lied to..my ccw instructers name is michael stamm.. i asked if i was in a place and got hot could i take my cover off.. he told me i need to think about that ahead of time.. that i could not wear my gun in sight.. i just spoke with my cousin this morning and he told me about open carry .com .. this is a great forum keep up the good work .. p.s. anything /any picnics in the zoo? or close most intersted..:lol:

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CCW is the charge you are charged with if you do not have a CPL and Carry a Concealed Weapon, CCW also applies to any weapon, not just pistols, and is a criminal offense. CPL is your Concealed Pistol License that allows you to conceal a pistol on or about you or your vehicle.

The truth is widely available to you in wash, rinse, repeat and the other informative stickies. Open carry is legal and allowed and done on a regular basis by the membership here. Read the stickied threads closely and repeatatively, as there are quirks where you can and cannot carry, and they are there for you and others like you searching for information.

Welcome to OCDO and welcome to the world of legal gun carrying :)

The thread with the information and legal references you MUST read before OCing, hell, before any type of carrying so you understand the law and your rights is:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/13328.html

The thread regarding confrontations with the law and others is the wash, rinse, repeat and is at:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/17262.html

enjoy, and if you start there and still have questions, feel free to ask :)

-jason aka northofnowhere

DanM

imported post

DanM wrote:
Hi, Pescar, please put ina location on your profile so we know where you're from.
Pescar,

I'm not trying to be rude, but it's been an hour and half and no response.So much for the holding yourself to your own expectation ofquick responses huh.