Thread: Sad story about a CCW couple who were attacked

Post imported post

Just saw this on another forum. Both the husband and wife had CCW permits because that was how they were able to be identified. Both were out jogging and attacked by 3 suspects who hopped out of a car with baseball bats. The husband was beaten to death while the wife is still in the hospital. The husband had no ID, but when they ran his fingerprints, they were in the system because of the CCW permit.

This story makes me want to get something small, like a Luger LCP, for jogging. Just a sad story...

http://loudounextra.washingtonpost.c...-says-sheriff/

Post imported post

"It's very concerning," she said. "Who are these people, and what's to stop it from happening again?"
    Well I have a menu of items to pick from with regard to make, model, and caliber but this person sounds like one of the sheeple so she'd most likely call me and everyone else who provides for their own protection a wacko and fall back on her trusty cell phone.

Post imported post

Kind of reminds me of this vid that I found on YT:

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/6gIHDHZf1TA&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Post imported post

It is a very sad story indeed. Made even more so because it very well could have beenavoidable. A combination of the www.smartcarry.com and a Kel-Tec P3AT, Pf9, P11 (or any of the other small 9's out there) are very easy to jog with (AMHIK!)and this could have been a very different story. These people had the license, why not have the tools? Sort of like a framing contract showing up to work without his hammer/nailer.

-adamsesq

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

adamsesq wrote:
    It is a very sad story indeed. Made even more so because it very well could have beenavoidable. A combination of the http://www.smartcarry.com and a Kel-Tec P3AT, Pf9, P11 (or any of the other small 9's out there) are very easy to jog with (AMHIK!)and this could have been a very different story. These people had the license, why not have the tools? Sort of like a framing contract showing up to work without his hammer/nailer.

-adamsesq
    More proof that gunsdon't kill people... people kill people and you don't need a gun in order to kill someone. All you need is the will and any object capable of stabbing or bludgeoning a person to death with.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

jchen012 wrote:
    Just saw this on another forum. Both the husband and wife had CCW permits because that was how they were able to be identified. Both were out jogging and attacked by 3 suspects who hopped out of a car with baseball bats. The husband was beaten to death while the wife is still in the hospital. The husband had no ID, but when they ran his fingerprints, they were in the system because of the CCW permit.

This story makes me want to get something small, like a Luger LCP, for jogging. Just a sad story...

http://loudounextra.washingtonpost.c...-says-sheriff/
    I think I will foreword this to Czar Nichols in the capitol of OZ titled "Why People Should be Armed While Jogging in a Park".

Post imported post

jchen012 wrote:
    The husband was beaten to death while the wife is still in the hospital. The husband had no ID, but when they ran his fingerprints, they were in the system because of the CCW permit.
    I don't claim it, but I use it: "Carry 24/7, or guess right."