• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sad story about a CCW couple who were attacked

jchen012

imported post

Just saw this on another forum. Both the husband and wife had CCW permits because that was how they were able to be identified. Both were out jogging and attacked by 3 suspects who hopped out of a car with baseball bats. The husband was beaten to death while the wife is still in the hospital. The husband had no ID, but when they ran his fingerprints, they were in the system because of the CCW permit.

This story makes me want to get something small, like a Luger LCP, for jogging. Just a sad story...

http://loudounextra.washingtonpost.com/news/2009/mar/23/lansdowne-attack-appears-be-random-says-sheriff/

fullauto223cal

imported post

"It's very concerning," she said. "Who are these people, and what's to stop it from happening again?"
Well I have a menu of items to pick from with regard to make, model, and caliber but this person sounds like one of the sheeple so she'd most likely call me and everyone else who provides for their own protection a wacko and fall back on her trusty cell phone.

adamsesq

imported post

It is a very sad story indeed. Made even more so because it very well could have beenavoidable. A combination of the www.smartcarry.com and a Kel-Tec P3AT, Pf9, P11 (or any of the other small 9's out there) are very easy to jog with (AMHIK!)and this could have been a very different story. These people had the license, why not have the tools? Sort of like a framing contract showing up to work without his hammer/nailer.

-adamsesq

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

adamsesq wrote:
It is a very sad story indeed. Made even more so because it very well could have beenavoidable. A combination of the http://www.smartcarry.com and a Kel-Tec P3AT, Pf9, P11 (or any of the other small 9's out there) are very easy to jog with (AMHIK!)and this could have been a very different story. These people had the license, why not have the tools? Sort of like a framing contract showing up to work without his hammer/nailer.

-adamsesq
More proof that gunsdon't kill people... people kill people and you don't need a gun in order to kill someone. All you need is the will and any object capable of stabbing or bludgeoning a person to death with.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jchen012 wrote:
Just saw this on another forum. Both the husband and wife had CCW permits because that was how they were able to be identified. Both were out jogging and attacked by 3 suspects who hopped out of a car with baseball bats. The husband was beaten to death while the wife is still in the hospital. The husband had no ID, but when they ran his fingerprints, they were in the system because of the CCW permit.

This story makes me want to get something small, like a Luger LCP, for jogging. Just a sad story...

http://loudounextra.washingtonpost.com/news/2009/mar/23/lansdowne-attack-appears-be-random-says-sheriff/
I think I will foreword this to Czar Nichols in the capitol of OZ titled "Why People Should be Armed While Jogging in a Park".

KBCraig

imported post

jchen012 wrote:
The husband was beaten to death while the wife is still in the hospital. The husband had no ID, but when they ran his fingerprints, they were in the system because of the CCW permit.
I don't claim it, but I use it: "Carry 24/7, or guess right."