• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns in IHOP

Don Barnett

imported post

My wife who used to be anti-gun,is nowvehnemently opposed to even going back to that restaurant. She says: "We will take our business to a more gun friendly restaurant."

Marco

imported post

Don, before you write them off speak with the GM.

[line]

If you're up to hosting a OC breakfast there maybethat mgr will change his/her mind.
The economy is tough he/she wouldn't want to turn away 5-15 paying customers.

There is always BE and CB, they have never had issues with me (others) carrying.
[line]

If you and the wife decide to take your money elsewhere please copy and send your receipts to the GM @ IHOP, letting them knowtheircompetitionaccepts you.

eta:
spelling correction.

rebfan

imported post

I believe after one of the Manassas City Council meetings regarding the "Tony 7" the IHOP on Centreville Road was the meet up place for many of the VCDL members who were present at the meeting. As far as I know, there were no problems reported.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I've carried at the same IHOP on Hoadly Road many times without incident, but this morning I was in there with my wife and as we were being seated the manager? asked if I was LEO. I told him no, and he said that firearms weren't allowed in the restaurant. My wife had already sat down and didn't hear this exchange, so I told her that they didn't like my gun. She got up and said to the manager, "We'll go eat somewhere else then." :p

No sense hanging around debating the merits of guns with a hoplophobe or mentioning the lack of signs on the door banning guns (which is always a bad idea).

jadedone4

imported post

marshaul wrote:
In Fairfax County the IHOPS are all OC friendly.

They wouldn't want to lose all the business. :shock:

Agreed; I've OC'd at the Fairfax Circle location, the 29-near28 cross-section, and over on 50/near Lowe's - all with no issues, and I have the pancake-gut to prove it.

Now that someone has mentioned this - I'll probably head over to the location at 29/28 for a steak omellete and stack before hitting the range tomorrow.... gotta counter-balance the ammo I will be carrying with some pancakes.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

They're building an IHOP in Yorktown. We'll have to break it in properly of course! I think an OC breakfast would be wonderful to plan a couple months after it opens.:cool:

I don't like going to newly-opened places until they've learned their jobs and the crowds have slowed a bit. This one is sure to have lines around the building. They may even take some business away from POP's.:(

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Don, before you write them off speak with the GM.

[line]

If you're up to hosting a OC breakfast there maybethat mgr will change his/her mind.
The economy is tough he/she wouldn't want to turn away 5-15 paying customers.

There is always BE and CB, they have never had issues with me (others) carrying.
[line]

If you and the wife decide to take your money elsewhere please copy and send your receipts to the GM @ IHOP, letting them knowtheircompetition excepts you.
I try not to be too much of a Grammar and Spelling Nazi, BUT... this particular misspelling could actually mean the OPPOSITE of what the writer intended to convey, or simply that they make an EXCEPTION for you. I believe the author intended to say ACCEPTS... :)

Marco

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
I try not to be too much of a Grammar and Spelling Nazi, BUT...
Sknaht rof gnidnif dna gnixxif ym rorre, neves shtnomretfa eht tcaf.:lol:

nova

imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
mentioning the lack of signs on the door banning guns (which is always a bad idea).
I can't emphasize this enough. If you mention signs on the door and they end up posting signs, it means that those who choose to carry concealed can't follow the don't ask don't tell policy.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
They're building an IHOP in Yorktown. We'll have to break it in properly of course! I think an OC breakfast would be wonderful to plan a couple months after it opens.:cool:
I see the IHOP sign chaged from "opening summer 2009" to "opening soon."

OC breakfast sounds good.

nemo

imported post

An OC breakfast is fine with me, though I do not want to have to drive to Yorktown to have it. And I really LIKE IHOP; I even remember when they made good pancakes.

On a slightly related note, does anyone remember which was restaurant that was going to give a free entree (buy one get one free) to veterans this coming 11 Nov? A few weeks ago, someone said that that would be a good day for an OC dining out, but I have not heard anything since, and I forget which restaurant it was.