• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An NYU Professor Finally Gets It!

david.ross

imported post

Headlines for tomorrow, "Professor fired for being too liberal"

I find it hard to believe someone from NYU has a brain... There doesn't seem to be many intelligent people in NY when talking about firearms.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, he certainly seems to get at least part of this right. Especially surprising given his employer and place of residence. While he leaves out many things (perhaps they were left on the editing room floor rather than out of his comments in the interview) he is certainly heading in the right direction. About time that some of the east coast intelligensia start understanding a matter of fundamental logic.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Herein displays a classic example of an example of the type of people who have brought us to this point in our history and not knowing how or what is going on. I am speaking about the blond bimbo, or course. It is her kind of people who have managed to take this country down the road of internal chaos and disintegration and who now run around suggesting even more controls to stop what they themselves have propagated upon the American people.

I could spend the next hour and many paragraphs going into detail about how this all came about because I have lived through it and traveled on both sides of the political fence. Suffice it to say that they have succeeded in destroying a large part of the American character and moral fiber in their quest for the destruction of this country.

GWbiker

imported post

There are over 20,000 gun laws in the US and the Blond Bimbo thinks we need more gun laws.:banghead:

Now we have a senseless shooting of children in Washington for the media to feed on!

david.ross

imported post

Hell even Nancy Pelosi said we should enforce the laws we have and she has an F NRA rating.

There are many democrats which have brains, it's too bad Pelosi is one of the few standing alone. Enforce the laws and stop spreading law enforcement too thin.

I only wish someone would charge politicians with a charge along the lines of preventing a police investigation, which is exactly what happens when they have to go investigate complaints in regards to useless or frivolous laws which only allow dangerous criminals to stay on our streets by detouring to less important issues.

KBCraig

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Herein displays a classic example of an example of the type of people who have brought us to this point in our history and not knowing how or what is going on. I am speaking about the blond bimbo, or course.
She may or may not advocate more gun control. Her job as the interviewer is to ask questions and elicit answers from the subject of the interview. Reviewed in that light, she did a good job: she asked him questions, allowed him to answer, proposed alternatives, and let him shoot those down without talking over him or arguing with him.

david.ross

imported post

I can easily see him being fired happening...

Your quote sounds like something which would come out of Idiocracy... I mean New York...

canadian

imported post

Remember, not all of these professors are stupid or deliberately anti-freedom. Sometimes, they are just wrong. We've all been wrong at one time or another. Sometimes when someone is wrong, they can be shown their error. Not always, but sometimes.

Of course, this guy seems to have done the impossible - navigating the halls of NYU for years without forming an opinion until he had all of the facts. Good for him. But it illustrates my point fairly well. That is: Not all academics are your enemies. Some of them might even prove to be potent allies.

Don't hate, educate.

Pagan

imported post

I really like the very last sentence the professor says, and that is"criminals can simply use other types of weapons", BINGO!!!!!! Holy F*CKING @#$%E! I thought NY was a lost cause, I'm admitting, I was wrong!!!!!:what: