• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

20 round handgun magazines

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I just picked up a 20 round mag that fits my SW99 .40 for $20 +shipping. It's a Promag product, so I have my doubts, but so far it's all right. The mag hand-feeds all 20 rounds without issues. It was dirty as hell when I got it, but it cleaned up all right.

So any of you guys carry extended mags in their sidearms?

redlegagent

imported post

I have Promag pistol and rifle mags that function perfect. The polymer rifle mags (2) that I bought that didn't function right were replaced at their cost with no hassles for 2 that did work. ProMag is okay in my book. No extender mags here, too clunky and I have rifles for more firepower if needed. ;)

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

curtiswr wrote:
Got an 8 round Wilson in my 1911, if that counts. Test it well before trusting your life to it!

lol I doubt I'll ever carry this bad boy for personal protection. It'll be a fun addition to competitions and range trips, though :D.

I also noticed on the packaging the words "Lifetime Warranty". It seems to me that if a company was really as bad as people say, they wouldn't last long as a business with a lifetime warranty lol.

rocknsnow

imported post

I have used the 18 round mag from Promag for the XD. I liked it...it disappeared in my latest move or I would still use it...i also have some promag mags for my Mini 14 and have had no issue with them either.