• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Northern Idaho

Vandal

imported post

Since today was basically the first half decent day in Moscow to go with out a jacket so my XD, myself and one of my buddies made a little day trip up to Coeur d' Alene. We left Moscow and about 10 minutes south of CdA the two of us came up an the immediate aftermath of a motocyclist vs.a small deer.

Since my buddy is a biker we stopped to help out. Not long after we got there 2 ISP troopers and 2 Kootenai County Deputies and a local volunteer fire medic showed up. I was OCing this entire time and NONE of the 4 cops on location made any mention about it or seemed to care, it may have been that i was helping out when they got there. The first ISP trooper on the scene had to shoot the deer to take it out of it's misery. The guy on the bike was ok as far as we know, had some road rash but his helmet, boots, leather vest and gloves prevented his injuries from being much worse. We left before the medics got there though.

We spent the rest of the day in CdA and had lunch at Cricket's and visited the Post Falls Cabela's with no issues to report. No strange looks, comments or cops showing up. All in al it was a good, sunny day of OC in Northern Idaho!

G

imported post

Great Job Vandal. Im kinda suprised, and I figured the "libby-north" might be a lil less friendly to things like OC. :D

Kudos sir.

Vandal

imported post

Oddly enough the CdA/ Kootenai County area is pretty cool with guns. It is such a part of the culture that firearms don't really surprise the locals. It's those Californians that move up there that cause the problems, mainly with driving in the snow. :shock:

I am heading back up today for another little day trip. If the weather clears up a bit I will OC again. It drizzling right now in Moscow so I may have a jacket on, at east when I leave.

Vandal

imported post

Well, folks I just got back to Moscow from CdA. The weather was crappy enough I kept my 1911 under my jacket just because it looks strange and is uncomfortable for me to tuck the jacket between my gun and side to force OC. Unfortunately the rain forced my hand.

I did make my traditional stop and Hudson's Hamburgers on Sherman Ave. in downtown Coeur d Alene. If you are ever in CdA you have to go there for lunch. It will be busy, but worth the wait for a 100 year old family owned CdA tradition. The only time I was with out my cover jacket was on the Reservation getting gas and just bailed out of my car for a second to fill up.

I also hit the Post Falls Cabelas for kicks and giggles and lost track of time talking guns and fondling the Bushmaster M4gery and Sig 556 they had in stock!

Vandal

imported post

I have to say that CdA is boringly consistent. Saturday was 68* and sunny so after spending my morning n Cheney, WA playing Airsoft I went to CdA with a buddy who had never been there before and because the weather was so nice I OC'd my Kimber 1911. We stopped in a Hudson's Hamburgers for lunch and then wandered around downtown looking for a gift for my g/f and stopping in at the CdA brewery to pick up a for 6 packs of their Huckleberry Ale. After that we spent the next hour walking around on the floating dock and city park looking at the boats we cannot afford and the girls that, well, we cannot afford. :D

I got a few strange looks, some high school girls I walked by said rather loudly "Does he have a gun?" and some little homie wanna be asked me what I was carrying to the effect of "Yo, dude what kinda gun is dat?" A great day was had in the sun and nothing new to report. I was wearing blue jeans and light blue button down that was untucked and the sleeves rolled up on my forearms with my Oakleys.