• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Examiner.com: San Diego DA says LA DA's open carry memo is wrong!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

examiner.com —[/i] Last December the Los Angeles District Attorney issued an erroneous legal opinion stating that police officers could detain persons openly carrying guns in order to run serial numbers of guns . . .The SD DA is correct! Folks open carrying handguns in California have every bit as much right to privacy and freedom to movement as cell phone carriers.

Read and DIGG at http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m4d6-San-Diego-District-Attorney-says-LA-DAs-memo-on-open-carry-is-wrong.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wow! Not even the DA's can agree. . . seems like a good equal protection argument. . . But then again I am an idiot.

ib12025a

imported post

The DA says I can do it, so I will continue to do it until the Ca Sup Crt says I can't.

david.ross

imported post

You know, the statement you made was as ridiculous like the stupid constable who served a warrant for overdue books. The constable received a harsh conversation from the judge and let the defendant go almost immediately.

A disgrace you are sir, if you are serious. Please do the hard working Americans a favor and take a job up as mall ninja.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

ib12025a wrote:
I will continue to run serial numbers on OC.

Written like a true agent provacatuer.

Assuming that you are a peace officer, making such a statement only proves the point of those here who are outraged over the percieved abuse of rights. All this does is exacerbate the rift between peaceful 2A activists and police. By this, I can infer that you do not wish things to go well for OC'rs and approve of creating contreversy where there would otherwise be none.

Thanks for continuing to post your intentions here ib12025a, I think it may prove to be useful in the future.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ib12025a, is this typical attitude of LA sheriffs deputies? is this how you foster a cooperative environment with law abiding citizens? does protecting and serving include extra curricular harrasment of open carriers, simply because you can with qualified immunity?

Legba

imported post

Maybe someone should publish the home addresses of cops and prosecutors on-line. Unless and until the Supreme Court says otherwise, there can't be anything wrong with it...

-ljp

Edward Peruta

imported post

To: ib12025a

Do you lack theballs to use your real name?

Or will youcontinue to hide behind a screen name or behindyour badge while doing it till a court says otherwise?

Didn't they teach you how to read an enforce the law?

If you are in law enforcement, you're the kind of boogyman everyone's talking about!

Macboo

imported post

With this type of thinking, LEOs would be able to stop your car for no other reason than to see if you are licensed and your car isn't stolen.