• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Details of my Civil Action against Missaukee County, sound advice needed!

THway

imported post

Bill Donnelley refused service because he felt that he could refuse service if he wants to because I had to represent myself due to the lack of local legal representation.

Not exactly sure what you mean by this. There is no such thing as refusing service. Might want to have them properly served or refer to Service of Process.

Michigan Rules of Civil Procedure Please note that lobbyists are active in the state of Michigan and laws concerning civil procedure and process serving can change. Therefore the information listed below may have been amended. For updated process serving legislation, please visit the Michigan Courts web site.

http://www.serve-now.com/resources/process-serving-laws/Michigan/

Spriteman65

imported post

You have seized on a piece of last years news.

Yes, I had to pay a "special deputy" professional process server to serve Mr.Donnelly.

The interesting part is if the Judge will order him to repay that cost, or just the costs from the Attorney's work.

It would appear that there is a loop hole in everything for these sleazebags to exploit.

I remain optimistic knowing that the Judge already told the Missaukee County Gun Board that they operated essentially illegally.

As far as inforcing the existing laws that are supposed to regulate these people, they seem rather adept and cocky about flaunting the laws and even seem to have the opinion that they are the law and can do what they want to.

Consider the Open Meetings Act as a prime example.