• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Governor Doyle Recall Petition

grantgorgen

imported post

I find it interesting that there is support for this, considering Doyle is on record for saying that Open Carry is legal in Wisconsin.

I don't pay attention to politics much, so if there's something I missed that makes him an obstacle towards our cause, please let me know.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

'Our cause' is without principle (that which will not be compromised), without a mission and without particular values. All here are equal and their opinions are equally valid.

This is OpenCarry.org's forum yet we tolerate many other agendas provided they proclaim pro-gun-ness. We tolerate even those charged with confiscating guns. We tolerate even those that would disarm their fellows. We tolerate even those that demand thirty pieces of silver gelt to excuse their infringements.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA osculate my fundament.

God Bless everyone else. Happy Easter.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

grantgorgen wrote:
I find it interesting that there is support for this, considering Doyle is on record for saying that Open Carry is legal in Wisconsin.

I don't pay attention to politics much, so if there's something I missed that makes him an obstacle towards our cause, please let me know.
Doyle's admission that open carry is legal was disingenuous because he knew that open carry is something that far fewer people will do compared to concealed carry if given the option to conceal. He also knows that open carry is likely to lead to harassment and wrongful arrests and prosecutions. I'm pretty sure that if he had continued to be the Dane County DA he would have vigorously prosecuted such wrongful arrests. Doyle is no friend or supporter of open carry or any kind of carry. His statement was more like a dare. Unfortunately for him, some people accept the dare.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Doyle has a vacation home up here, (Hazelhurst, WI off cedar Falls Rd.) and whatdo I seealways milling around his general vicinity?

Armed security people! Most likely the stateys that got assigned to him for protection, This is not reallythe area you want to start preaching against gun-rights.

smithman

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Doyle's admission that open carry is legal was disingenuous because he knew that open carry is something that far fewer people will do compared to concealed carry if given the option to conceal. He also knows that open carry is likely to lead to harassment and wrongful arrests and prosecutions. I'm pretty sure that if he had continued to be the Dane County DA he would have vigorously prosecuted such wrongful arrests. Doyle is no friend or supporter of open carry or any kind of carry. His statement was more like a dare. Unfortunately for him, some people accept the dare.
I would like to add that we can give great credit to Doyle for bringing OC to the forefront of Wisconsin gun owners' minds...even though his statement was indeed disingenuous.

FeralOne

imported post

Maybe opencarry.org's WI chapter should have an educational event at the Farmer's Market sometime. We could educate the public and take Doyle up on his offer (read dare) to open carry right on the capitol steps. This is definitely an event that I would attend!

Brigdh

imported post

Is there a place to sign this petition online and I'm not finding it, or does one have to hunt them down at an event?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I have volunteered as a circulator and do not yet have the text of the petition.

This from their forum...
Posted: 4/15/2009 7:10:41 PM Hi dwwanie-

The petition has not stearted as of yet. Once it starts we will only have 60 days to get 500,000+ signatures. It will be starting soon, so it is very important that you check with this web page often and provide the moderator with a valid e-mail address. The petitions will likely be live ones in person. Vol. in the GB area can capture your signature. We also need lots of help collecting the signatures. Please let the moderator know if you wish to help collect signatures.

fire.doyle@gmail.com

"Al"

ETA much later: Here are the basics of state statute on recalls

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/statutes/Stat0009.pdf

CHAPTER 9, POST−ELECTION ACTIONS; DIRECT LEGISLATION, 9.10 Recall

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

I just received this email from the "Recall Doyle Team" in regards to their first public meeting:

"Perhaps some of you heard WISN's Jay Weber's interview with Chris this morning....Chris mentioned that we will be having our first public meeting at Fun World in Brookfield this Thurday April 23rd at 8PM.....come if you can. There is a link to the Fun World web site/map on the www.recalldoyle.com home page. We are looking for people to be organizers/county co-ordinators. Thanks for your support as strive for the goal of obtaining 600k signatures.

Your Recall Doyle Team"

I plan on attending.