• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lacey Wonderwood Park OC

luvmyglock

imported post

Well I took the portable grill a bunch of food, the wife, and the 2 year old daughter to the park yesterday. We enjoyed the beautiful weather, and had a picnic/cookout in the park. I decided that since it was so nice I would OC yesterday. I just didn't feel like covering up, so I OC'd my G33. I half expected to have the cops called, being in Lacey and at a park with probably 30 small children running around with their parents/grandparents, etc. Basically, I figured the park would be chock full of liberals, small and large, young and old. I was surprised that nobody called the police, nobody commented on my gun, regardless of the fact that I was running around playing with my 2 year old near all of their precious little bundles of liberal joy. So all in all, a great OC day at the park, without incident. I actually felt like (gasp) people accepted open carry (gasp).

Nosrac

imported post

It's what usually happens to me. I usually get asked what branch I'm in or which service.

I don't mind and I've used the line I stole from someone else on here when asked if I'm a cop. I look around the area and ask...."why, is there a situation?"

luvmyglock

imported post

Nosrac wrote:
It's what usually happens to me.  I usually get asked what branch I'm in or which service.

I don't mind and I've used the line I stole from someone else on here when asked if I'm a cop.  I look around the area and ask...."why, is there a situation?" 

Seems like it would work out ok, as long as there wasn't a situation! ;)