• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon Weapon Laws

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Is there anyone that can direct me to some good information/sites concerning Oregon Weapon Law.

I am interested cuz I'm going there to visit Family and possibly....for a longer visit too.

I know that Utah Permit is NOT recognized up there so I have to be aware of the How, Where stuff when OCing.

I will get the Oregon OCHL as soon as possible. Might just visit one weekend to get the class done and turn in the paperwork

Thanks for any help:)

TJ

imported post

oregon is pretty good as far as open carrying which is kinda of bizarre considering the big wigs in the state. its really just something they haven't got their hands on since the Rs controlled the legislature for so long.

oregon firearms federation and this forum is a good place

Phssthpok

imported post

I'm not TOTALLY up on Oregon's requirements, but I believe the requirements for UT permits exceed those required by Oregon (last I heard you had to actually do a live fire qualification in UT....not so in OR). That being the case you should be able to bring the appropriate paperwork verifying your training and apply during your upcoming visit.;)

EDITED TO ADD:

You worthless less-than-a-human-being! How dare you think you are worthy to obtain an Oregon CHL when you are neither a resident of Oregon, nor of any adjoining state! Your life is NOT worth defending therefore you have no right to do so!**

(So sayeth the Oregon State Legislature.):banghead:

** Be advised that Loaded OC is perfectly legal throughout the state except in the few localities that have exercised the option granted to them by the Legislature to enact a ban on LOADED firearms (and magazines:cuss:). They cannot prohit you from carrying (openly) but they can make sure it's nothing more than a paperweight. The list of KNOWN Places where LOADED OC est Verboten can be found HERE.