• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IS __ "MORMON AVENGER" __ 1st SNUB NOSE ?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

GUNS & AMMO May 2009 page #18 ... answer 8. D

Brigham Young's legendary bodyguard , Orrin Porter Rockwell is associated with the very short or barrelless revolver . Sounds like a good movie and too bad it would not be done with fairness or justice . Reminds me of the way the liberals fear ................. MITT ROMNEY .

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:

Brigham Young's legendary bodyguard , Orrin Porter Rockwell is associated with the very short or barrelless revolver . Sounds like a good movie and too bad it would not be done with fairness or justice . Reminds me of the way the liberals fear ................. MITT ROMNEY .
To be fair, a lot of gun owners also don't care for Romney's political positions. So too a LOT of conservatives.

I lived in the Boston area when Romney served as the LDS Stake President. I am active LDS and happily raised my hand to sustain Romney in that ecclesiastical position. I respect his business acumen.

But I have to tell you, I was also living in Boston when he was released from that Church position and ran against Ted Kennedy for US Senate. I was never so happy to be able to vote absentee in Utah as I was after watching a couple of debates and seeing so very LITTLE difference (without any real distinction) between Romney and Kennedy.

In his campaign for governor, Romney made clear the NRA was NOT going to care for him or his policies. Under him, Massachusetts is one of the tiny minority of States to have a State level scary looking gun ban AFTER the federal ban expired. Massachusetts remains in the minority of States NOT to be shall issue on permits to carry defensive firearms in public. On issues outside the charter of this forum Romney's record is also anything but conservative: from abortion, to homosexual conduct, to government intervention into and control of health care, Romney's positions right up to the moment he ran for president were all left of center, to put it very kindly.

There is no doubt that religious bigotry worked against Romney in his run for President. I find such bigotry repulsive.

I strongly suspect that Romney's business acumen would be of great value to the nation at this time.

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt on non-gun issues like abortion, what the definition of marriage is or ought to be, and even health care.

But he continues to support and defend the basic concept of government mandated and controlled health care.

And he continues to be less than friendly toward RKBA.

At this time, Romney remains a New England, Rockefeller, liberal republican rather than a true conservative. And while what the vast majority of what that entails is off topic here, his less than rousing support for my RKBA--including to own scary looking guns, and to carry guns in public for self defense--is most certainly on topic and is A reason I can't support him for public office, at least until such time as he evinces real support for my RKBA.

If he is called as an LDS General Authority, he will have my sustaining vote.

But he won't get my support for public office until he REALLY, truly, supports my RKBA...except perhaps as the lessor of various evils depending on who all is running.

Charles

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
R a Z o R wrote:

To be fair, a lot of gun owners also don't care for Romney's political positions. So too a LOT of conservatives.

I lived in the Boston area when Romney served as the LDS Stake President. I am active LDS and happily raised my hand to sustain Romney in that ecclesiastical position. I respect his business acumen.

But I have to tell you, I was also living in Boston when he was released from that Church position and ran against Ted Kennedy for US Senate. I was never so happy to be able to vote absentee in Utah as I was after watching a couple of debates and seeing so very LITTLE difference (without any real distinction) between Romney and Kennedy.

In his campaign for governor, Romney made clear the NRA was NOT going to care for him or his policies. Under him, Massachusetts is one of the tiny minority of States to have a State level scary looking gun ban AFTER the federal ban expired. Massachusetts remains in the minority of States NOT to be shall issue on permits to carry defensive firearms in public. On issues outside the charter of this forum Romney's record is also anything but conservative: from abortion, to homosexual conduct, to government intervention into and control of health care, Romney's positions right up to the moment he ran for president were all left of center, to put it very kindly.

There is no doubt that religious bigotry worked against Romney in his run for President. I find such bigotry repulsive.

I strongly suspect that Romney's business acumen would be of great value to the nation at this time.

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt on non-gun issues like abortion, what the definition of marriage is or ought to be, and even health care.

But he continues to support and defend the basic concept of government mandated and controlled health care.

And he continues to be less than friendly toward RKBA.

At this time, Romney remains a New England, Rockefeller, liberal republican rather than a true conservative. And while what the vast majority of what that entails is off topic here, his less than rousing support for my RKBA--including to own scary looking guns, and to carry guns in public for self defense--is most certainly on topic and is A reason I can't support him for public office, at least until such time as he evinces real support for my RKBA.

If he is called as an LDS General Authority, he will have my sustaining vote.

But he won't get my support for public office until he REALLY, truly, supports my RKBA...except perhaps as the lessor of various evils depending on who all is running.

Charles

... utbagpiper ...

ANN ROMNEY's blueberrypancakes had me at " Pass the butter , please . "

Call me gullible however I believe MITT ROMNEY will be our next Reagan and I hate being a loser like I am feeling right now . Just learned that Glen Beck is also a Mormon and he sounds OK to me also concerning our constitution .

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:

... utbagpiper ...

Call me gullible however I believe MITT ROMNEY will be our next Reagan and I hate being a loser like I am feeling right now . Just learned that Glen Beck is also a Mormon and he sounds OK to me also concerning our constitution .
Well, Harry Reid is also a mormon. Do you think HE will be protecting your RKBA?

I'd like to think we will have another Reagan. And if Romney turns out to be him, great. But I won't support him just because he is LDS, or his wife has good pancakes, or he is better with budgets than some of his opponents.

I've seen ZERO from Romney to suggest he is at all supportive of my RKBA, and a long history to suggest otherwise.

As far as feeling like a loser, if we are going to have our RKBA trampled over, I'd rather it be by the guy I opposed than by the guy I supported.

Charles

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
R a Z o R wrote:

... utbagpiper ...

Well, Harry Reid is also a mormon. Do you think HE will be protecting your RKBA?

I'd like to think we will have another Reagan. And if Romney turns out to be him, great. But I won't support him just because he is LDS, or his wife has good pancakes, or he is better with budgets than some of his opponents.

I've seen ZERO from Romney to suggest he is at all supportive of my RKBA, and a long history to suggest otherwise.

As far as feeling like a loser, if we are going to have our RKBA trampled over, I'd rather it be by the guy I opposed than by the guy I supported.

Charles
Ann Coulter said " Well , at least MITT ROMNEY is coming towards us . "

If : Glen Beck , Sean Hannity , Hugh Hewitt , Russ Limbaugh , Ann Coulter , NRA , national conservative groups , and 100s of other conservative voices and evangelical conservatives all agree that MITT ROMNEY is the one that they all agree upon , why do you want to totally be a loser again in 2010 & 2012 because I missed it ?

Do you really think that Obama is the best person for our RKBA ?Why am I confused by your reasoning that resulted in Obama becoming President ? Beinga Methodist and Harry Reid being a Mormon will not get me to vote for him to be your Bishop however thanks for the thought . We should rather stay away from : bigotry , ignorance , and apathy and startour winning process now . DIVIDED THEY WIN AGAIN.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
Ann Coulter said " Well , at least MITT ROMNEY is coming towards us . "

If : Glen Beck , Sean Hannity , Hugh Hewitt , Russ Limbaugh , Ann Coulter , NRA , national conservative groups , and 100s of other conservative voices and evangelical conservatives all agree that MITT ROMNEY is the one that they all agree upon , why do you want to totally be a loser again in 2010 & 2012 because I missed it ?

Do you really think that Obama is the best person for our RKBA ?Why am I confused by your reasoning that resulted in Obama becoming President ? Beinga Methodist and Harry Reid being a Mormon will not get me to vote for him to be your Bishop however thanks for the thought . We should rather stay away from : bigotry , ignorance , and apathy and startour winning process now . DIVIDED THEY WIN AGAIN.
I did NOT vote for Obama. And in both the Utah primary and the General Election, my vote had ZERO effect on the outcome of who was nominated or how Utah cast its electoral votes.

And if Romney spends the next two or three years moving toward us that would be great and I'll happily support him.

Other than buying a lifetime NRA membership a couple weeks before he entered the presidential campaign, and some "creative" stories about being a lifetime hunter, what has Romney EVER said or done that makes you think he'd be good for your RKBA? Better than Obama? Well that isn't too hard to do, though at least when a liberal democrat attacks your RKBA the GOP and all those conservative entertainers will holler about it and make a fuss. When a liberal republican does likewise, the GOP and those entertainers will not be very interested in it.

So my simple question remains. What have you seen or heard that makes you think Romney is actually GOOD on RKBA as opposed to just not as bad as Obama?

Charles

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

The mantle of discernment of knowing what happens when one goes out into the rain wearing only socks and not being able to describe this experience to a novice that has never gotten soggy .

Wanting to be united in 2010 & 2012 inorder to protect our fought for RKBA . Picking our leader now so we can get past any situations that an enemy might create by looking past it to a brighter future .

I do not buy into the propaganda that the enemy floods us with because I use my own mind and think for myself . Thanks and thank you no . If you are asking me to support a person that is moving towards my position or away , the answer is obvious . Ron Paul , Jesse Ventura , Sarah Palin and many others are OK and each would be a great candidate . And I hope you are true to your word as MITT ROMNEY grows closer to our liberties and freedoms as many believe he is .

rpyne

imported post

I keep seeing people touting Ron Paul as a conservative candidate. Sorry, I have watched Ron Paul for years and have yet to see him DO anything. I hear lots of hot air coming from him but no action. He also lost credibility when after years of crying about earmarks he asked for a $500+ million earmark for Texas for hurricane relief.

I have gone back and reviewed his record, in his entire time in congress he has got only two proposals passed. I say proposals because one was only a minor amendment to another bill. The vast majority of bills he sponsors never get past committee and usually have few or no cosponsors. Many of the bills he has sponsored have been to give special tax benefits to small special interest groups.

thx997303

imported post

It is my understanding that an earmark is only a way of utilizing funds that have already been set aside for use.

If that's the case, thenI see no problem with Ron Paul utilizing the money.

thx997303

imported post

It is my understanding that an earmark is only a way of utilizing funds that have already been set aside for use.

thx997303

imported post

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
The mantle of discernment of knowing what happens when one goes out into the rain wearing only socks and not being able to describe this experience to a novice that has never gotten soggy .

Wanting to be united in 2010 & 2012 inorder to protect our fought for RKBA . Picking our leader now so we can get passed any situations that an enemy my create by looking past it to a brighter future .

I do not buy into the propaganda that the enemy floods us with because I use my own mind and think for myself . Thanks and thank you no . If you are asking me to support a person that is moving towards my position or away , the answer is obvious . Ron Paul , Jesse Ventura , Sarah Palin and many others are OK and each would be a great candidate . And I hope you are true to your word as MITT ROMNEY grows closer to our liberties and freedoms as many believe he is .
I keep asking a simple question and you keep dodging it with philosophical platitudes.

Here it is again.

WHERE is the evidence that Romney is "moving toward" us?

Has he made recent speeches in favor of our RKBA?

Did he attack the DoD for the short lived effort to ban the sale of used brass for reloading?

Has he said something positive about allowing private citizens to carry self-defense guns in national parks?

Has he filed an amicus brief on some important court case dealing with RKBA?

What has he said, much less actually DONE to demonstrate he is moving in our direction AT ALL? ANYTHING?

I've been actively involved in politics for at least 15 years now. I KNOW better than to walk into a rainstorm wearing only socks.

So spear me your sanctimonious dodges and try a direct answer. OR, just admit you like the guy for some reason (nothing wrong with that, in an of itself) and really really HOPE and want to believe he is no longer the gun grabber he was as governor.

Charles

G

imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
If you are asking me to support a person that is moving towards my position or away , the answer is obvious . Ron Paul , Jesse Ventura , Sarah Palin and many others are OK and each would be a great candidate . And I hope you are true to your word as MITT ROMNEY grows closer to our liberties and freedoms as many believe he is .

Yeah.... I say Palin/Romney 2012 would be The Ticket.

Id vote for that.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

:celebrate MITT ROMNEY among leadership NRA speakers !

NRA PHOENIX 2009 15MAY

Mitt Romney , Glenn Beck , Laura Ingraham , Oliver North , Bobby Jindal , and the American Navy Seal hero , whose dog was just shot and killed by joy riding thugs , Marcus Luttrell .

... utbagpiper ...

Thanks for the challenge . Found this speech and now know why Barbara Bush wants Mitt to also be POTUS . Perhaps the office is also of a spiritual nature . There is a ton more information also on the web site if you wish to explore . And please remember Mitt was Governor of the #1 blue state in America . He worked with more than 82% liberals all around him including John Kerry and Ted Kennedy . It is no wonder the left wing anti-gunners are afraid of this man . Look at the level of lies against him . Enjoy and share thetranscript with a friend . We are both fighting for our RKBA .

http://themittblog.com/the-speech/ <<< < <

And the photo belowis another example or can you tell it's just me having fun ? Did you ever see the ad at North American Arms of Orrin Hatch CCWing with their mini revolvers ?

Maybe we can see thru the : lies , ignorance , apathy , and bigotry and actually win this timecause I love carryingmy gunfor self protection . As a disabled veteran it is good toknow that God made predators for natural selection and Colt made disabled vets equal .

rpyne

imported post

thx997303 wrote:

So you have no problem supporting a blatant hypocrite? He spent years railing against the practice claiming that it is unconstitutional, and then engaged in the very practice he claimed to oppose.

I guess that is your right, but I much prefer an honest man in office even if I disagree with him.

rpyne

imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
MITT ROMNEY among leadership NRA speakers !
Sorry, Mitt, I can't hear your words because your actions speak too loud.

p.s. Don't forget he supports Bennett.

Edit: Added p.s.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
:celebrate MITT ROMNEY among leadership NRA speakers !

NRA PHOENIX 2009 15MAY

Mitt Romney , Glenn Beck , Laura Ingraham , Oliver North , Bobby Jindal , and the American Navy Seal hero , whose dog was just shot and killed by joy riding thugs , Marcus Luttrell .

... utbagpiper ...

Thanks for the challenge . Found this speech and now know why Barbara Bush wants Mitt to also be POTUS . Perhaps the office is also of a spiritual nature . There is a ton more information also on the web site if you wish to explore . And please remember Mitt was Governor of the #1 blue state in America . He worked with more than 82% liberals all around him including John Kerry and Ted Kennedy . It is no wonder the left wing anti-gunners are afraid of this man . Look at the level of lies against him . Enjoy and share thetranscript with a friend . We are both fighting for our RKBA .
And what did Mitt have to say in front a very pro-gun audience? I can't find the transcript.

I saw and read Romney's "JFK" speech when it was given. He is fine on religion, religious freedom, etc, except for supporting homosexual civil union that would force landlords, employers, even artists and small businessmen to treat homosexual couples as if they were the same as honorably married couples. But THAT is off topic here.

And if Barbara Bush wants Mitt I take that as a strike against him. I don't recall that HW Bush or Barbara were very good on RKBA at all.

I think maybe you are confusing having a republican in the white house with actually having someone who is really good on RKBA. Granted, I think a GOPer is more likely to be good on guns than is a Democrat. But being GOP is not a guarantee of being good on guns.

Keep trying. I'm far from convinced on Romney.

Charles

thx997303

imported post

rpyne, I never said I support Romney.

I was merely saying, I understand things in this way, and if i am correct then this particular deal doesnt bother me. Except that if this is the case, amd he was busy telling of a harmless practices evils, then hes a moron.

Anyway, my understanding of an earmark is that it is used to divide funds that it has already been decided that they are going to use.

I might be wrong though.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
rpyne, I never said I support Romney.

I was merely saying, I understand things in this way, and if i am correct then this particular deal doesnt bother me. Except that if this is the case, amd he was busy telling of a harmless practices evils, then hes a moron.

Anyway, my understanding of an earmark is that it is used to divide funds that it has already been decided that they are going to use.

I might be wrong though.

THX,

You seem like such a nice fella. How DO you end up in these arguments?

combatcarry

imported post

R a Z o R wrote:

Porter Rockwell was a murderer indicted on two counts for killing John and William Aiken. He died before going to trial. His victims never received fairness or justice.

The Salt Lake Tribune editorialized that he "participated in at least a hundred murders . . . ."

I would hope any movie about him wouldportray him as the cold blooded killer that he was.