Thread: Here we go, the anti's are coming out swinging

Post imported post

http://news.aol.com/article/month-mass-shootings/414795

Did not take the anti's long to jump on this, I guess we knew they were going todo it anyway.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Do you think there needs to be tighter gun control laws in this country? No 51%1,633 Yes 39%1,271 I have mixed feelings 10%316 Note on Poll Results Total Votes: 3,220

Post imported post

Wonder about the second poll. What do you think they trying?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

"It just shows what we're doing now in terms of gun policy doesn't work," said Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Camp to Prevent Gun Violence, a gun control group in Washington, D.C.
    [So they admit that "Gun Control" doesn't work]

"And what we're doing now is basically nothing."
    [Bend over and grab your ankles is "nothing"?]

Helmke's group wants to see national standards for background checks, restrictions on the type of some weapons that can be sold [Yeah, anything that goes "Bang"], limits on the number of guns that can be sold at any one time [Yup, <1], and greater authority for the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms to investigate gun dealers. [HUH? What's greater than "Unlimited"?]

Comments in red are mine.

Post imported post

I've heard cops get shot and/or killed in LA almost daily. So is it just me, or are they just hyping the hell out of business as usual to try to prep us for a new ban?
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    I've heard cops get shot and/or killed in LA almost daily. So is it just me, or are they just hyping the hell out of business as usual to try to prep us for a new ban?
    Bingo.

Post imported post

This is where OC and grass roots based2A activism pays off. If enough non-gun owners, know enough legal gun owners and OC'ers, then the media propaganda will have little sway on public opinion, IMO.

We NEED to be out there OC'ing, talking to people that are curious, have our facts in order. Practice what we need to say, keep it short and polite and most of all on a level others can easily understand.

In reality we are all ambassadors for the 2A, bringing the truth to a confused public.

Post imported post

"We're hopeful that this latest epidemic of mass shootings might get the attention of some of our election officials."

"If not, we'll just keep arranging them" (Helmke) Hypothetical observation.

Banned

Post imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
    "We're hopeful that this latest epidemic of mass shootings might get the attention of some of our election officials."

"If not, we'll just keep arranging them" (Helmke) Hypothetical observation.
    LOL

Banned

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    less than a hundred LEOs were killed intentionally on duty in 2008.

i believe it was in the 70s.

not very often

Post imported post

"It just shows what we're doing now in terms of gun policy doesn't work," said Paul Helmke

Hell, I could have told you that. The problem is, you seem to think that adding more of the same thing will work. What was it Einstein said about doing the same thing and expecting a different result? Oh yeah, YOU'RE INSANE!

Post imported post

AOL is a "news" agency?

not.