• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here we go, the anti's are coming out swinging

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

"It just shows what we're doing now in terms of gun policy doesn't work," said Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Camp to Prevent Gun Violence, a gun control group in Washington, D.C.
[So they admit that "Gun Control" doesn't work]

"And what we're doing now is basically nothing."
[Bend over and grab your ankles is "nothing"?]

Helmke's group wants to see national standards for background checks, restrictions on the type of some weapons that can be sold [Yeah, anything that goes "Bang"], limits on the number of guns that can be sold at any one time [Yup, <1], and greater authority for the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms to investigate gun dealers. [HUH? What's greater than "Unlimited"?]

Comments in red are mine.

Michigander

imported post

I've heard cops get shot and/or killed in LA almost daily. So is it just me, or are they just hyping the hell out of business as usual to try to prep us for a new ban?

Pagan

imported post

This is where OC and grass roots based2A activism pays off. If enough non-gun owners, know enough legal gun owners and OC'ers, then the media propaganda will have little sway on public opinion, IMO.

We NEED to be out there OC'ing, talking to people that are curious, have our facts in order. Practice what we need to say, keep it short and polite and most of all on a level others can easily understand.

In reality we are all ambassadors for the 2A, bringing the truth to a confused public.

TheMrMitch

imported post

"We're hopeful that this latest epidemic of mass shootings might get the attention of some of our election officials."

"If not, we'll just keep arranging them" (Helmke) Hypothetical observation.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
"We're hopeful that this latest epidemic of mass shootings might get the attention of some of our election officials."

"If not, we'll just keep arranging them" (Helmke) Hypothetical observation.
LOL ;)

imported post

Michigander wrote:
I've heard cops get shot and/or killed in LA almost daily. So is it just me, or are they just hyping the hell out of business as usual to try to prep us for a new ban?
less than a hundred LEOs were killed intentionally on duty in 2008.

i believe it was in the 70s.

not very often

Slayer of Paper

imported post

"It just shows what we're doing now in terms of gun policy doesn't work," said Paul Helmke

Hell, I could have told you that. The problem is, you seem to think that adding more of the same thing will work. What was it Einstein said about doing the same thing and expecting a different result? Oh yeah, YOU'RE INSANE!