• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

13 killed in Binghamton, New York by 'Shooter'

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Fish in a barrel.

IMO we need to be armed at all times. Right now our only legal option (in CA) is locked container carry. Of course, a loaded, accessible firearm would FAR better, but hopefully you would have 10 seconds to retrieve, unlock, load, etc before you needed it.

Over on Calguns.net there are a lot of nay-sayers going on about how events like this are going to prompt further restrictions on ownership/possession. I, however, think these events can be presented as evidence when it comes time to challenge school zones and loaded weapons statutes.

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Fish in a barrel.

IMO we need to be armed at all times. Right now our only legal option (in CA) is locked container carry. Of course, a loaded, accessible firearm would FAR better, but hopefully you would have 10 seconds to retrieve, unlock, load, etc before you needed it.

Over on Calguns.net there are a lot of nay-sayers going on about how events like this are going to prompt further restrictions on ownership/possession. I, however, think these events can be presented as evidence when it comes time to challenge school zones and loaded weapons statutes.

ill drink to that.

it can go either way, it just matters on how we present ourselves and this evidence to make sure the change is in a good way. i believe change is imminent, but i dont know which way the change is going to go.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

oilfieldtrash11 wrote:
it can go either way, it just matters on how we present ourselves and this evidence to make sure the change is in a good way. i believe change is imminent, but i dont know which way the change is going to go.
The problem I see is that the nay-sayers want to hide under a rock and pray no bad comes of the event. I want to see more people shouting from the rooftops: "stop disarming the public."

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

agreed. we need to make our voice heard on this topic immediately. we need to start writing to congress about these recent incidents and make sure they understand that these shooting would most likely not have happened if the general population had firearms on them with immediate access. this is a perfect example, this is the time.

"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."-Mark Twain

it is time to succeed.....it is time to make good out of this tragedy......we need to fight the gun control advocates in Washington now.....We need change and not the change our president wants.

NightOwl

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:

Has anybody made a locked holster yet? Something with, a keypress lock similar to this gunsafe: http://www.bluelaketackle.com/gunvault-minivault-standard-pistol-safe-pi-26432.html?type=jpg&osCsid=a73aca5328f5c150b4d6769bad2e79c7 Wow, that's a mouthful of a link! Anyhow, I'm thinking a holster that completely encloses the gun in a locked container should meet the criteria of the law, yes? Unless that would be considered concealed carry? Thoughts?

Shame that all the employees weren't armed. Perhaps the shooter would have got the first one or two, but that would have come to a screeching halt...

Legend_AB

imported post

If everyone that wanted to carry could carry , it would certainly reduce crime overall. Robbers, home invaders, rapists, etc. All these BG's don't want to die.

OTOH, I think these type of crazy mass shootings would still be attempted. But if we could be armed if we wanted to be, we could at least stop the bastards before they got to far and prevent those incidents from becoming mass murders.

Just my .02

mjones

imported post

NightOwl wrote:
Has anybody made a locked holster yet?

I think airline pilots use a lockable holster. I can't find a link, but I seem to remember something about an ND/AD as a result.

PT111

imported post

mjones wrote:
NightOwl wrote:
Has anybody made a locked holster yet?

I think airline pilots use a lockable holster. I can't find a link, but I seem to remember something about an ND/AD as a result.
If I remember correctly the ones that the pilots were required to use was an accident waiting to happen and did. Whoever came up with that one should be shot.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Or something like Magpul's FMG-9, just add a briefcase style combination lock and maybe it could be consider a "case" for the firearm inside.

Here's a link for those who haven't seen it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpY86MLRi8s

PDF: http://www.magpul.com/pdfs/fmg9.pdf

I suspect the reason they haven't started selling this gem is that there is no way to rack the slide or clear stoppages easily.

I love how the guy say's "Just out walk'n the dog... get's nasty? Get down ta business!":D

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

bad_ace wrote:
Here's a link for those who haven't seen it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpY86MLRi8s
That just blew my mind...

Fully enclosing case that is attached to the firearm... all it needs is a lock. As long as it can't be fired while in the "closed" position, it's not a pillbox/camouflaged gun

We need a team of engineers to get to work on this immediately, if not sooner!