• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another experience at Wal-Mart while Ocing.

hometheaterman

imported post

I can't say this one was all that bad however it was another incident. As many of you know that have read the other thread I was told last week actually a week ago today that I could not carry openly in that store without a permit. This is the very very nice way of putting what he said into nice terms. I filed a complaint with Wal-Mart Corporate and never heard back in the 3 day's I was told I would so corporate forwarded my complaint to the district manager who called me back that day. Talking with him was great. He told me he was going to have a talk with the guy about the not so nice way of handling it and for me not to worry as it would be dealt with. He also told me that he will probably even end up having a talk with all of the managers at that store. He told me that Wal-Mart did not have any policy's against ocing but that sometimes they did get complaints and would come talk to the guy open carrying or the complainee or both. He said usually they can all reach a compromise. However, that he hoped I gave them a second chance and that I could open carry in the store anytime I wanted to basically and that they should not ask me to leave the store but they may come talk to me if they have complaints.

Anyway, I was in Charlottesville, VA today again and stopped by Wal-Mart. On the way in the greeter like normal said something. I'm not exactly sure what was said as I wasn't listening all that carefully. She then looked a second time and stepped out pointing to my gun with her pen. She goes what kind of gun is that? Is that a bb gun or something? I told her no it was a regular handgun. At this time she had one or two people behind her that were looking. I told her than in VA you do not need a permit to open carry and that I had already talked to the assistant manager Robert about him thinking I can't carry in that store however, I also filed a complaint with corporate and talked to the district manager about it whom told me that I could infact carry in that store as their were no laws about it as well as Wal-Mart having no policy about it. She asked if I was the guy from last week and named the spot the assistant manager Robert had approached me. I told her yes I was but like I said I had talked to the district manager who had said it was fine to open carry in the store. She said she had just been told about me from last week. Acted like she was told not to let anyone in if they were ocing but I don't know that for sure.

Anyway, she told me she didn't know then since I had talked to the district manager and let me come on in the store. She never asked me to leave or anything like that. All in all she was pretty friendly and I can't blame her as she was just doing her job.

I'm guessing the distric manager hasn't talked to the store management yet even though he is also located in Charlottesville, VA. I talked to him Friday afternoon and it's Monday today so it has been a weekend.

Just was kind of an inconvience and she got people looking at me and the gun but really I don't blame her as she was just doing what the higher ups told her to do. However, I think the managers need to have a chat with the district manager as he said he would do. That's my opinion anyway.

W.E.G.

imported post

hometheaterman wrote:
...He told me he was going to have a talk with the guy about the not so nice way of handling it and for me to worry as it would be dealt with.

I think I know what you meant.

But, I read what you wrote.