Thread: Off Topic: M4 Forward Grip

Post imported post

Does anyone dislike these as much as I do? I've tried so hard to get used to it but feel it is only a burden. I still find myself hold the rifle by the hand guards or by gripping the mag well.

Just wondering if I'm holding the forward grip incorrectly or if it's just me..

Post imported post

I actually like my forward grip on my M4. It makes it easier on my left wrist, less wrist tension for me. This is a personalpreference-kind-of-thing. Whatever is most comfortable for you.

ETA: my profile pic on the left, is not a pic of my rifle
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Opt-Out Members
    Kitsap & Whatcom Counties, Washington, USA

Post imported post

I've shot an AR with a forward grip a couple times, I don't like it much either. And becuase the person whose lets me shoot his AR has another without the forward grip, I find myself shooting that one more. The forward grip just feels a little awkward, but I'm sure with practice I'd get used to it. I guess it's like the mag release on my HK USP, at first it felt weird, but now I don't think anything of it.

Post imported post

I have never been a fan of the forward grip on ARs or AKs. I have found that using the front of the mag well works better IMO for weapons control and personal comfort and it saves me a bunch of money as opposed to buying a grip.

Post imported post

When shooting an AR, or for that matter the "real deal" M-4 with forward grip is best done using an overal different style. Rather than the old standby where the forend is supported with one hand and the other is usually at a 45 degree angle to vertical, with a forward grip it works better when both elbows are tucked tight to the body. This makes it easy to treat the rifle as an extension of the body. Turn body left to shoot left, right to shoot right. Always a stable platform. Takes some getting used to if you are a traditionalist.

"If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

When I was in the gulf they gave us the forward grips for our M4's. Hated it! But liked it on the SAW.

Post imported post

I use it more of as a reference point. I never grab it. That is why I use a LT FUG.

Post imported post

I got a forward grip for my AR with a retractable bipod in it, and mounted the switch for the laser on it. It makes it a lot easier to hold steady, IMHO, but then again I'm not exactly a pro.