• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tacoma PD Headquarters

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

3701 S. Pine Street ( The Old Costco building)

4pm I arrive at HQ's and looked for weapons signage, none present. I walked into the main room and found all the doors marked "Official Personal Only." I went up to the glass booth and told the Officer who I was there to see and if I was to check my weapon with him. I was told by the officer that yes, he would be the one to receive it. He asked if I was presently armed and I replied in the negative. I asked how it was to be handed over and was told they preferred it be holstered and no round in the chamber. He took a phone call and I looked around and saw no clearing barrel, nor did the opening under the glass look big enough for a holstered weapon. He was the only one there at the time and three back to back calls came in. I did have a copy of RCW 9.41.300 in my back pocket to present to him with more questions but my appointment arrived and I did not get back with him.

I have another meeting in a week with CPS and will be sure to ask more questions.

edit: I was not carrying at the time all I had was a empty leather 1911 & dual mag holsters. Weapon was secured elsewhere.