• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OATH-KEEPER __ GROUP __ MEETING N.C. ?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

What is the opinion of this forum towards the OATH-KEEPER ideas ?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-pFGYZg6vHQ

Renewing our oath to the constitution and making friends with our LE seems like a great idea to help protect our RKBA . Of late I have been to the court house too many times and each time I ask a cop what he carries for backup . I then mention my new CCW and ask how they fell about OPEN CARRY & RKBA . I was fortunate to be friends with R.W.Goodman the longest running Sheriff in N.C. I only wish I had thought about talking about firearms with him .

Is there a group in North Carolina for OATH KEEPER ?

kdcyyz

imported post

I have never heard of the Oath-Keepers until now.

It looks like I cannot be member of the Oath-Keepers since I am not a current or ex member of the military or police:
"Oath Keepers is an association of currently serving military, veterans, and peace officers who will fulfill the oath we swore to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God."

Do I think that it is a good idea for them to follow their oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic? YES!

It's sad that we have gotten to the point that these guys/gals feel the need to "reaffirm" their oath that should have been fully affirmed all along.

It's also sad that April 19th (Patriots Day) has become a forgotten holiday in this country for most of the citizenry. It should be as big as July 4th. I have already planned vacation days for that weekend, and I plan to shoot a lot of ammo and raise a toast afterwards in recognition of the sacrifice that the men at Lexington made for our country that day.