• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need a permit to open carry?

zoom6zoom

imported post

TileLayer23 wrote:
Well I finally purchased my sidearm, I got a Ruger SR9 and for a first hg I think It was a good choice! Along with a box of shells, it cost me abot 509 dollars, the guy was really nice and I got him to come down on the price. A few days later I got a holster for it, and Ive Open caried about 4 or 5 times,
No mention of you taking it to the range and making sure it actually works?

spitfyr

imported post

No kidding I know someone who has a SR9 that went back to Ruger after ~300 range rounds for a whole bunch of warranty fixing. Late '08 post recall production and everything.

Find a range and make sure it goes click and bang when you tell it to.

TileLayer23

imported post

spitfyr wrote:
No kidding I know someone who has a SR9 that went back to Ruger after ~300 range rounds for a whole bunch of warranty fixing. Late '08 post recall production and everything.

Find a range and make sure it goes click and bang when you tell it to.
I hear ya, yeah I went up to my buddys place up on the mtn and put 50 rounds through it, thats all I could afford at the time, it shot pretty good the whole time except a few shell casings got caught when it was ejecting em, it happend like 3 times. I just pulled the slide back to let em out.. Im confident from shooting it that it will go band when I tell it to. I got another box of 50 and when I can afford to do it Im gonna put a whole lot more through it!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

spitfyr wrote:
The SR9 I am thinking of didnt develop its problem until after 200 rounds.

I wouldnt trust yours until you have put 500+ trouble free rounds through it, then cleaned the heck out of it. Just my opinion.

Sounds like this may be your problem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limp_wristing
Stove piping is most often cause by limp wristing but there are a few mechanical issues that can contribute to it also.

Yata hey