• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

time for confrontation?

old dog

imported post

[align=left][/align]I'm relatively new here and this may have been covered earlier or in other subsections. Also, as a Tennessean, it is somewhat less of a concern as open vs. concealed is not an issue.

But to the question: If someone is unjustly (or illegally) hassled while armed, why shouldn't others of us make it a point to confront the offending store or business via a group event. For instance, if a business which soliticits the public calls the cops on a person in defiance of law and/or policy it might make a telling point if 20 or 30 carriers showed up the next day to challenge the issue.

This, of course, assumes responsible adults who know how to comport themselves.

As for store security, I'm afraid most of them don't bring much to the table or else they are cop wannabes -- and we know how they are.

Pagan

imported post

Organizing a group of armed protesters seems like a good way to start some really bad events,Not saying that it might not be required if thingsgot really bad here, and unhindered violations against our rights becomesunbearable.

Also just stop spending money there, and post the offending store on here as well as other places, that in itself is an organized and effective means of protest, especially if the store is advised to WHY they are being boycotted. Even non oc'ers that agree with us on some terms could possibly be allies in the boycotting strategy.

IfLEO's violate our rights, then let's deal with it in the courts. Not only would it get better publicity, it will make us out as heros and champions of civil rights, not disgruntled rabble rousers.IMO

imported post

its not a good idea to mess with private business or people who don't like OC. its their right on their property or property they are in control of.

if you want to mess with someone mess with the public sector.

Dustin

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
The property owner/proprietor arguably has the right to absolutely control his property.

+1

And I absolutely believe in that right to tell whoever the hell is on my property, to get the hell off, simply b/c I SAID SO !

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Old Dog,

The last thing we want to do is to come off as a bunch of armed jackbooted "SA" thugs.

Added:
I would suggest taking out an ad in the local paper announcing that:

"Business Name is a criminal friendly establishment that assures the safety of local criminals by making sure that their employees and law abiding customers are unarmed and defenseless. We are a victem hunters paradise."

Run the ad until the business decides that they will welcome OC, or they get robbed a few times, which ever comes first.

darthmord

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
Run the ad until the business decides that they will welcome OC, or they get robbed a few times...
...and you subsequently get sued.

Why would you get sued? You didn't force anyone to rob the business. You simply pointed out (while using the 1st Amendment) a particular detail about a business you felt others should know about. Not really any different than telling people about great or poor service from a business.

I am not responsible for anyone else's behavior unless I have legal custody over them.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

darthmord wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
Run the ad until the business decides that they will welcome OC, or they get robbed a few times...

Why would you get sued? You didn't force anyone to rob the business. You simply pointed out (while using the 1st Amendment) a particular detail about a business you felt others should know about. Not really any different than telling people about great or poor service from a business.

I am not responsible for anyone else's behavior unless I have legal custody over them.

Are we living in the same country? In America you can sue McDonalds for making you fat and tobacco companies for giving you cancer. If you don't think an article like that would attract a lawsuit then you must be on drugs.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
darthmord wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

Are we living in the same country? In America you can sue McDonalds for making you fat and tobacco companies for giving you cancer. If you don't think an article like that would attract a lawsuit then you must be on drugs.

Possiblydefamation, libel or slander?

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/personal_injury/defamation.html

NightOwl

imported post

Perhaps just submitting something to the local paper in the Opinion section? I don't know that describing a business as "criminal friendly" would score any points. Maybe just an opinion article about OC and the interaction with that business?