• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Vegas Meet and greet, trash day?

ourmanthejoker

imported post

So, I have a bold move in mind for this wonderful game that is life. Mayhaps we could discuss the posibility of a meet and greet, then move onto a trash pick up?

Say around:

May 17th 2009.

Where to rally?

11AM
Buffalo wild wings
190 West Craig Road
North las vegas, NV 89032

We'll rally up at eleven, eat and hang out for a few hours, then move onto the second part of the agenda (assuming this doesn't go as the first time had, LOL) which is:

Trash pick up rallying at:

12:30pm
East Lake Mead and North Bruce street in north las vegas.

An area that could use clean up, but oh wait, what's this? A north las vegas police station right by.

Notes to keep in mind:
-You may be harrassed, or even detained by police, so it will be a wise idea just in case the unfortunate thing happens to wear a pistol you wouldn't mind losing for a few weeks.
-Bring water, vegas is getting warmer.

I figured we'd eat first just in case.

:celebrate

-David

ourmanthejoker

imported post

Oh, and I'm going to shoot a few emails off to Nellis air force base to see if we can get a few boys to come out from there too (I know those guys need some EPR bullets ;D). And if my creech folks could do the same. I figure a good Air Force showing might be awesome!

ourmanthejoker

imported post

And one more time, I'm going to contact our State sovereignty reps to see if we can get them out there too. Hell it would be of mutual benefit to see them there. :lol:

BhmBill

imported post

I got a car show I go to each Sunday morning at the Sante Fe. If I had a flyer to pass out, I'd make sure all 400+ cars and 1000+ people knew about it, unless you want to keep it small (I doubt many of them want to pick up trash since most are 40+, but it wouldn't hurt)

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm not familiar with that intersection.

Is there a lot of traffic at rush hour? Are the sidewalks wide enough? Are crosswalks marked and metered? Is there parking nearby?

How about public garbage cans or other way to store the trash? We recently did a litter pick up in NH and 28 OCers showed up, filling somewhere around 100 bags in 90 minutes. If anyone has a pickup and a Republic Services bill, this is a pretty easy probably to deal with, as you can drop off the stuff for free at the transfer station.

Traffic is good and bad - good because more people see and may be educated, bad because it may be more dangerous to us pedestrians, especially if some scared sheeple pays more attention to an armed man than the road in front of her and whacks another armed man.

3-4 is the warmest part of the day. I know May 15 isn't usually very hot, but it could be. 10-11am works better for weather usually.

Also, May 15 is a "work day" and you may have better participation on a Saturday or Sunday.

Is the NLV Jail magistrate 24 hours? In other words, if you're booked into jail on Friday, can you be bonded out before Monday? If not, might be better to do this Sunday or move to Las Vegas, where CCDC may be a quicker turnaround for anyone unfortunate to see it from the inside. Not that I think anyone will be arrested, especially if there's a good turnout, but better safe than sorry.

As the date gets closer, I'd like to talk about printing flyers/brochures/business cards with some basic info for curious citizens. Also, someone who does not pick up trash, but videotapes, would be a good idea. Anyone know of any gun-friendly reporters at a TV station or newspaper?

Also best to have some basic suggestions for participants, such as stay off private property, be polite, etc.

BhmBill

imported post

+1 about Sat or Sun. Sunday would probably be best. I didn't think about the temps at 3 or 4 (I've worked outside in the sun year round since I was 15 paving roads, i usually don't give temps a second thought, the heat has never bothered me)

ourmanthejoker

imported post

Oh crap, I meant that saturday. THE 16TH IS THE DAY!

Thank you for pointing that out

ourmanthejoker

imported post

The traffic in the area is heavy around 6am-8am then again at 1130-2 pmish.

I picked this intersection because it's right outside the north vegas police department area. As for temperature expect between 75-85, which is nothing for las vegas weather, that's a beautiful day in that range.

As for garbage, don't worry about that, myself and a friend of mine, both have pickups, and we'll supply the garbage bags. There's a trash drop off station just a few minutes northwest of where we'll be, so that again is not a problem, as we're both residents.

As for it being huge or small, I think the more the merrier. I'm sure las vegas news would love to report it.

And yes, if someone could prepare some fliers, i'll print them out here and start sending them around.

I'll also try to call around to a hotel or motel to see if we can get something like a group/committee discount to our out of town folks for open carry.

geoffw

imported post

Its funny you mention the BWW on Craig. All of us at Nevada Shooters had our get togethor there on 3/13. Im pretty sure they are open carry friendly but I was carrying my Ruger LCP so they probably didnt notice.

Count me in! I live a few miles away.

-Geoff

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DESERT ATILLA wrote:
What are your thoughts about giving the NLVPD advanced notice?
It's not a terrible idea, but what if they say NO? I'd like to vote for Sunday in case we do we get arrested, we at least only spend 1 night in jail as opposed to waiting the entire weekend to see a magistrate.

No, I'm not overly worried about getting arrested, I think the chances are quite slim in fact. And I'm not too worried about spending a night in jail. It's just a thought.

Is Mayor Mike still in office? He's pro-2A and would probably appreciate knowing ahead of time. Plus, he'll have some influence in case we do get illegally arrested.

Also, lesson learned from a recent litter pickup here in New Hampshire, I was involved with, we all stuck together as a group, and believe two undercover cops were with us. A suggestion was offered that we should break up into small groups, 2 or 3 people max. This maximizes exposure, reduces the ability to be "surveiled" and also enables us to pick up more trash (yippee!).

Also, to BhmBill's post, YES, I'm in.

DESERT ATILLA

imported post

I'll contact William Robinson. He's one of the candidates for NLV Mayor. Let's see if he's really comitted to the 2A cause like he said he is.

BhmBill

imported post

Regardless of if we inform any PD, we're covered by the 1st amendments and Nevadas open carry laws. It also helps to know and understand the 4th amendment and your rights.

I agree about it being done on May 17th, if someone does indeed get arrested.

I'll grab a couple cases of water and ice. I got a bunch of coolers.

BhmBill

imported post

So what date are we lookin at? Who's "incharge"? Does anyone need a ride?

I'd really like to get a date set and some more info. I'll pass out flyers at the car shows I attend (thats a couple thousand people, yay!)