• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Vegas Meet and greet, trash day?

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I haven't lost interest, I'll definitely be there. We're still more than 4 weeks away. I imagine there'll be more discussion in the next month.

I vote for "no one in charge". We can organize pretty easily without a leader. Plus that keeps any overzealous cops or politicians from singling out anyone.

BhmBill

imported post

Agreed.

I suggest Sunday May 17th, some time between 10am and noon at the Buffalo Wild Wings on Craig.

Saturday seems to be peoples "day off", no work, sleeping in, kids out with friends, no church, etc.

I help organize a hot rod show every Sunday morning at the Sante Fe and I can honestly say that more people showed up on Sundays than when other car shows i've done were held on Saturday.

I'll bring a couple cases of water and soda

BhmBill

imported post

Also, we may want to inform the NLVPD. Make them feel respected ya know? Granted, we can peacably assemble without telling them squat.

Idk. My pro-constitution part of me says don't tell them anything.

irish

imported post

Vin Suprynowicz is a Las Vegas resident, authorand columnist for the Review Journal. He is very freedom oriented and a staunch supporter of the Constitution and it wouldn't hurt to invite him. His personal website is http://www.vinsuprynowicz.com

I'd definitely like to participate as well. I'm a Vegas resident where I know it's not usually a problem to OC but do the laws differ in North Vegas? Jail sucks and getting your firearm back can be more than a pain sometimes and I'd like to know how the Northside laws may be different before hand.

BhmBill

imported post

irish wrote:
Vin Suprynowicz is a Las Vegas resident, authorand columnist for the Review Journal. He is very freedom oriented and a staunch supporter of the Constitution and it wouldn't hurt to invite him. His personal website is http://www.vinsuprynowicz.com

I'd definitely like to participate as well. I'm a Vegas resident where I know it's not usually a problem to OC but do the laws differ in North Vegas? Jail sucks and getting your firearm back can be more than a pain sometimes and I'd like to know how the Northside laws may be different before hand.
Thanks to the pre-emption laws, NLV's firearm laws really aren't stricter than anywhere else in Nevada, other than requiring registration.

I'll contact Mr. Suprynowicz and see if he's interested

irish

imported post

BhmBill wrote:
irish wrote:

Thanks to the pre-emption laws, NLV's firearm laws really aren't stricter than anywhere else in Nevada, other than requiring registration.

Thanks!

BhmBill

imported post

irish wrote:
BhmBill wrote:
irish wrote:

Thanks!
THE DEED IS DONE.

I invited him, told him where and when we'd be meeting (May 17th 11am at Buffalo Wild Wings), where we'd be going, who would be there (open carriers), and why we were going.

Hopefully he'll reply!

Gordie

imported post

BhmBill wrote:
irish wrote:

You may want to check out what the AG's office has to say about state preemption.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum36/20658.html

Some polititions seem to have a problem with understanding the written word.

BhmBill

imported post

Gordie wrote:
BhmBill wrote:
irish wrote:

You may want to check out what the AG's office has to say about state preemption.

Another poster said...

"I brought this up in person to AG Masto this afternoon, and she was unaware of the FAQ page. I presented the information I had, and expect a response, which I will share once received."

Apparently, she didn't know about it. In the event that someone gets arrested for something that the PD doesn't know is preempted, then you can't get convicted for it, and it's considered a false arrest. It's not our job to make sure the politicians and police know the law, just like it isn't their job to make sure we know. "Ignorance of the law is no excuse"

irish

imported post

Quick question, I've never participated in an OC event, but I definitely will this one. Why not have the meet up at a more visible location in Las Vegas proper?

I'm not trying to throw a wrench in to the works but it would seem to me that this isn't a very visible area and we might benefit from somewhere with more traffic. What are the reasons for this location as opposed to any other in town? Any thoughts or ideas on this?

Admittedly I am not very familiar with this part of town and I am NOT trying to tick anyone off, I'm just trying to learn what the motivation is for picking a particular area.

Thanks!

BhmBill

imported post

irish wrote:
Quick question, I've never participated in an OC event, but I definitely will this one. Why not have the meet up at a more visible location in Las Vegas proper?

I'm not trying to throw a wrench in to the works but it would seem to me that this isn't a very visible area and we might benefit from somewhere with more traffic. What are the reasons for this location as opposed to any other in town? Any thoughts or ideas on this?

Admittedly I am not very familiar with this part of town and I am NOT trying to tick anyone off, I'm just trying to learn what the motivation is for picking a particular area.

Thanks!
That part of Lake Mead is very busy at the times we'll be there.

BhmBill

imported post

geoffw wrote:
Im excited...itll be my first OC event. I hope I dont get arrested.
We should be alright, just keep the groups small and hopefully no idiots show up.

No respond from Mr. Suprynowicz yet either.

Billy

BhmBill

imported post

So does everyone think May 17th at 10 or 11am at the Buffalo Wild Wings on Craig would be okay? Then head over to Lake Mead and Bruce around 12 - 1pm? I'll bring some trash bags and water (in coolers with ice of course).

Does anyone have a truck or access to a truck to haul away some of the trash?

Gordie

imported post

BhmBill wrote:
Gordie wrote:
BhmBill wrote:
irish wrote:

Another poster said...

"I brought this up in person to AG Masto this afternoon, and she was unaware of the FAQ page. I presented the information I had, and expect a response, which I will share once received."

Apparently, she didn't know about it. In the event that someone gets arrested for something that the PD doesn't know is preempted, then you can't get convicted for it, and it's considered a false arrest. It's not our job to make sure the politicians and police know the law, just like it isn't their job to make sure we know. "Ignorance of the law is no excuse"
She also did not correct it on the spot. It's hard to believe that with all of the e-mails that have been sent to her office on this very subject,that she was still unaware of what was on her own office's web site.
If she was unaware, than she needs to talk to her staff about their speaking for her without letting her know what is being said, and bringing them in line with her own opinions and beliefs.

Sorry for being so negative in regards to this subject, but I just don't trust too many politicians until they give me reason to, which means that I don't trust to many politicians period.

If you notice, she still hasn't gotten back to wrightme yet in response to his question.

CowboyKen

imported post

Gordie wrote:
BhmBill wrote:
Gordie wrote:
BhmBill wrote:
irish wrote:

Another poster said...

She also did not correct it on the spot. It's hard to believe that with all of the e-mails that have been sent to her office on this very subject,that she was still unaware of what was on her own office's web site.
If she was unaware, than she needs to talk to her staff about their speaking for her without letting her know what is being said, and bringing them in line with her own opinions and beliefs.

Sorry for being so negative in regards to this subject, but I just don't trust too many politicians until they give me reason to, which means that I don't trust to many politicians period.

If you notice, she still hasn't gotten back to wrightme yet in response to his question.
And her web-site has not changed.

Ken

BhmBill

imported post

Don't be too afraid. What the LAW says and what SHE says are two different things and luckily the law trumps her word.

There is no law prohibiting open carry in NV, other than the handgun registration in clark county (minus boulder city), state preemption prevents NLV or any other Nevada city from enacting laws stronger than the states. Cities can only regulate where one may shoot.

Gordie

imported post

BhmBill wrote:
Don't be too afraid. What the LAW says and what SHE says are two different things and luckily the law trumps her word.

There is no law prohibiting open carry in NV, other than the handgun registration in clark county (minus boulder city), state preemption prevents NLV or any other Nevada city from enacting laws stronger than the states. Cities can only regulate where one may shoot.

You may be able to get out of any arrest because the law is on your side, but it is still a pain to deal with.

On the up side, a test case would get it all straightened out for good.

Chez

imported post

I am an Arizona guy and wish you all great success! If I had the weekend free, I would be there to support you.

If you want extra bodies, once the plans are finalized, you should post on the Arizona section. I'm sure there would be a lot of interest to support you guys.