Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Obama did good.

  1. #1
    Regular Member hobbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsville, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    43

    Post imported post


    ........ "Fear nothin but God"
    "You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it." ~ John Quincy Adams

    ** Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet. **

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    Appropriate kudos from the NRA

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    LAWL

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , California, USA
    Posts
    560

    Post imported post

    That's awesome.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Springfield45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    299

    Post imported post

    That would make a bitchin' bumper sticker .....

    ~~Springfield

  6. #6
    Regular Member hammer6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,169

    Post imported post

    Springfield45 wrote:
    That would make a bitchin' bumper sticker .....

    ~~Springfield
    yes it would!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

    it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    199

    Post imported post

    LOL...that's good.

  8. #8
    Regular Member PikesPeakMtnMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    426

    Post imported post

    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    166

    Post imported post

    All kidding aside, maybe the NRA really should present him with an award. I just looked on Yahoo news and there were something like 10 pages of stories about how sales have been up since November. There was one guy who said he was doing what used to be a week's worth of business every day now.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    I supose he should get a similar award from the munitions manufacutrers.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , Maine, USA
    Posts
    50

    Post imported post

    hobbles wrote:
    Ok in all seriousness how can i get this on a T-shirt?! :celebrate

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    674

    Post imported post

    cafepress.com

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scranton, Pa, ,
    Posts
    270

    Post imported post

    canadian wrote:
    All kidding aside, maybe the NRA really should present him with an award. I just looked on Yahoo news and there were something like 10 pages of stories about how sales have been up since November. There was one guy who said he was doing what used to be a week's worth of business every day now.
    I know a fella who is closing his doors because his suppliers are out of ammo AND guns. He's coasting on what he's got now but its over. Too bad. It was just down the road and he's a great guy.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,882

    Post imported post

    Yeah, I was joking here that if business gets any better, we'll all end up with tin cups. Some mom & pops dealers have already gone under because they can't resupply. Most of our demand is for 2nd-hand stuff, so we haven't been as affected as some. Would be nice to have the option of ordering something directly though. All the wholesalers are completely denuded of any inventory that anybody wants. I can get some custom shop hardware and a couple of safari gun bullets for the time being, but that's about it. I can't even go to the range myself because I can't replace any ammo I might use.This sucks.

    -ljp

  15. #15
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    Legba wrote:
    Yeah, I was joking here that if business gets any better, we'll all end up with tin cups. Some mom & pops dealers have already gone under because they can't resupply. Most of our demand is for 2nd-hand stuff, so we haven't been as affected as some. Would be nice to have the option of ordering something directly though. All the wholesalers are completely denuded of any inventory that anybody wants. I can get some custom shop hardware and a couple of safari gun bullets for the time being, but that's about it. I can't even go to the range myself because I can't replace any ammo I might use.This sucks.

    -ljp
    This is the idea. No revolution, no fighting back, cause what are you going to fight against? They have succeeded in disarming the citizenry by removing the supply. Dunno how it happened, but it did. We have the 2nd Amendment, but it does us no good when there is nothing to supply the weapons we have. They are little more than clubs at this point.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scranton, Pa, ,
    Posts
    270

    Post imported post

    compmanio365 wrote:
    Legba wrote:
    Yeah, I was joking here that if business gets any better, we'll all end up with tin cups. Some mom & pops dealers have already gone under because they can't resupply. Most of our demand is for 2nd-hand stuff, so we haven't been as affected as some. Would be nice to have the option of ordering something directly though. All the wholesalers are completely denuded of any inventory that anybody wants. I can get some custom shop hardware and a couple of safari gun bullets for the time being, but that's about it. I can't even go to the range myself because I can't replace any ammo I might use.This sucks.

    -ljp
    This is the idea. No revolution, no fighting back, cause what are you going to fight against? They have succeeded in disarming the citizenry by removing the supply. Dunno how it happened, but it did. We have the 2nd Amendment, but it does us no good when there is nothing to supply the weapons we have. They are little more than clubs at this point.
    From those I talked to the demand is just so high right now is the only real problem. I mean we already know the gun sales are through the roof. Now everyone wants the bullets for those new guns and they want them in quantity for practice and stock.

    I was just told they are manufacturing at a breakneck pace but demand still outstrips supply. Ammo should be like oil. Keep a few million rounds of each type in a warehouse against future need.

    ETA: Ive cleaned out three stores of 45 ACP and that only leaves me with 250 rounds. A box here, a box there. Bare shelves everywhere else. And I was told when I bought my rifle the ammo wouldnt dry up like it did for 7.62. Well I cant find it anywhere now. The few hundred rounds I got left are reserved exclusively for BG use.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    186

    Post imported post

    LOL

  18. #18
    Regular Member Alexcabbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    2,290

    Post imported post

    You can make charcoal at home. If it comes to that you can get sulfur under any old pile of dog poop. Saltpeter you can get from. i dunno, where the schools threw it out to make way for the viagra and condoms? there musst be a source somewhere, and there you have it black powder. And it takes very little skill to construct a zip-gun. DO THESE FOOLS THINK THEY WILL GET RID OF PRIVATE ARMAMENT?? Good golly Miss Molly.

    Remember the "Beltway Snipers"? They did not really need an AR 15 clone. A crossbow could have done just as well and with less noise. How do you think the Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto got the p.38s and MP40s they used to hold off Juergen Stroop's SS divisions for a month or better? At a gun shop?? No, they killed SS men and took the weapons using the non-firearm weapons they held.

    An "ammo shortage" is tolerable, especially considering that if "the day" ever comes. an "ammo harvest" may be necessary. The thought sickens me, but there it is.

  19. #19
    Regular Member MSC 45ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,845

    Post imported post

    That poster was also on display at the Hampton, VA gun show a few weeks ago. As earlier mentioned, he should also get the second award for

    AMMUNITION SALESMAN OF THE YEAR!
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

    Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , Maine, USA
    Posts
    50

    Post imported post

    Alexcabbie wrote:
    You can make charcoal at home. If it comes to that you can get sulfur under any old pile of dog poop. Saltpeter you can get from. i dunno, where the schools threw it out to make way for the viagra and condoms? there musst be a source somewhere, and there you have it black powder. And it takes very little skill to construct a zip-gun. DO THESE FOOLS THINK THEY WILL GET RID OF PRIVATE ARMAMENT?? Good golly Miss Molly.

    Remember the "Beltway Snipers"? They did not really need an AR 15 clone. A crossbow could have done just as well and with less noise. How do you think the Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto got the p.38s and MP40s they used to hold off Juergen Stroop's SS divisions for a month or better? At a gun shop?? No, they killed SS men and took the weapons using the non-firearm weapons they held.

    An "ammo shortage" is tolerable, especially considering that if "the day" ever comes. an "ammo harvest" may be necessary. The thought sickens me, but there it is.
    Saltpeter aka potasium nitrate is the white stuff in modern fertalizer, you can also find it in most basements as the white chalky substance that forms around cracks in the cement.

  21. #21
    Regular Member thx997303's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,716

    Post imported post

    Aye, you can make it, and I do. Of course you have to practice if you want any sort of consistent grain size out of it.

    But it's easy. I keep a BP revolver around and I cast my own ball for it as well.

    Just need to figure out how to make percussion caps. I mean, I know how, but that method is dangerous.

    Had some success with match heads, but nothing I would trust my life on.

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    thx997303 wrote:
    Aye, you can make it, and I do. Of course you have to practice if you want any sort of consistent grain size out of it.

    But it's easy. I keep a BP revolver around and I cast my own ball for it as well.

    Just need to figure out how to make percussion caps. I mean, I know how, but that method is dangerous.

    Had some success with match heads, but nothing I would trust my life on.
    Might have to resort to flintlocks.

    Has anyone considered archery equipment? (The silent assailant)

  23. #23
    Regular Member Alexcabbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    2,290

    Post imported post

    As I said, the "Beltway Snipers" could have down as well or better with a crossbow, and these are quite easily made with old leaf springs, etc.; and could just as easily been fired from the car trunk. The lack of noise would ofset the need to park closer to the target. And some sort of hook/stirrup mount could have facilitaated quick reloading from a prone position. I could go on but I wouldn't want to give some nut or BG ideas, but see the point all you antis who are reading this?? All this stuff can be homemade from easily obtainable - and moreover IMPOSSIBLE TO OUTLAW OR CONTROL stuff. And, a crossbow bolt tipped with razor sharp steel broadheads will go RIGHT THROUGH a bulletproof vest. But an armed citizen can stop a crossbowman cold. What? Will ou disarm the police "for their own good" to keep them from being murdered for their guns?? Boy. Go ahead and try, and watch wahtever support you have in rank and file Law Enforcement evaporate. To paraphrase Yosemite Sam, "Antis is sooooo stoopid"

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockingham, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    861

    Post imported post

    Alexcabbie wrote:
    As I said, the "Beltway Snipers" could have down as well or better with a crossbow, and these are quite easily made with old leaf springs, etc.; and could just as easily been fired from the car trunk. The lack of noise would ofset the need to park closer to the target. And some sort of hook/stirrup mount could have facilitaated quick reloading from a prone position. I could go on but I wouldn't want to give some nut or BG ideas, but see the point all you antis who are reading this?? All this stuff can be homemade from easily obtainable - and moreover IMPOSSIBLE TO OUTLAW OR CONTROL stuff. And, a crossbow bolt tipped with razor sharp steel broadheads will go RIGHT THROUGH a bulletproof vest. But an armed citizen can stop a crossbowman cold. What? Will ou disarm the police "for their own good" to keep them from being murdered for their guns?? Boy. Go ahead and try, and watch wahtever support you have in rank and file Law Enforcement evaporate. To paraphrase Yosemite Sam, "Antis is sooooo stoopid"
    RaZoR sharp



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •