Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: New shooting in Seatac

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue, WA, ,
    Posts
    144

    Post imported post

    SEATAC, Wash. – Police are looking for suspects after three people were shot outside an auto tune-up shop near Sea-Tac Airport Tuesday afternoon.

    The King County Sheriff’s Office says it happened at South 188th Street and International Boulevard just after 4 p.m.
    http://www.king5.com/localnews/stori....b201df85.html

    I guess we need to hold moreevents in Seatac...

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546

    Post imported post

    I see they used the "assault rifle" phrase without specifying whice select-fire rifle it was.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    Post imported post

    As I was driving home this afternnoon, there were about 10 people standing on the 4 corners of the intersection. Each was holding a sign Advertising their church.

    Maybe we need to do the same thing holding a sign that says :

    OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL

    opencarry.org

    And at the same time be certain to OC in a very visible manner. Also a good opportunity to pass out gun rights pamphlets.

  4. #4
    Regular Member DEROS72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SEATAC, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,819

    Post imported post

    Time for another freaking event in force.................................!!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    Regular Member mtlhdtodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Federal Way, Wa
    Posts
    123

    Post imported post

    Trigger Dr wrote:
    As I was driving home this afternnoon, there were about 10 people standing on the 4 corners of the intersection. Each was holding a sign Advertising their church.

    Maybe we need to do the same thing holding a sign that says :

    OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL

    opencarry.org

    And at the same time be certain to OC in a very visible manner. Also a good opportunity to pass out gun rights pamphlets.
    Now that would be interesting :what::what::what: The south end sheeple would cringe at all the sheep dogs baring their teeth.

  6. #6
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    I have thought about the same thing. I think its time for a big OC event and very public. I enjoyed the last one and think we should use every chance we can get not only to get together and meet our fellow OC'ers but to show we are growing and not going away.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  7. #7
    Regular Member DEROS72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SEATAC, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,819

    Post imported post

    REALLY BIG REALLY PUBLIC......I'm toying with a couple of ideas for summer when the weather is more condusive tyo a large rally.

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Yea thats what I am talking about I am down for that.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    NorWesCon (the largest convention in WA State, right next to Sakuracon, which is going on at the same time) starts tomorrow at the Double Tree, there in SeaTac. There will be a massive amount of people there, but most will be staying in the hotel. Either way, you will have a lot of people going through that intersection that normally wouldn't be (the one with the Double Tree and Jack-in-the-Box on Int'l Blvd.).

    Unfortunately, the weather doesn't look to be all that conducive to being outside Th-Su, when the convention is being held.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  10. #10
    Regular Member DEROS72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SEATAC, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,819

    Post imported post

    Car...I'm not sure I know what that is. Anyway I had the first hassle over carry yesterday.Shopping for baby stuff with my daughter at the Puyallup Walmart.These 2 gals that said they were managers asked typically if I was a cop.I said no.They said I had to leave.I handed them a pamphlet and told them that it is legal in this state.They said I still have to leave.Really picture it I'm shopping with my 8 month pregnant daughter.I politely told them I will finish my shopping and only then I will leave and walked away.Ifinished after about a half hour and left. Without further incident.I don't think they were ready for that.Anyway is there a letter from walmart corporate somewhere explaning that they follow state laws.?? I want to show that to these gals.

  11. #11
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    NorWesCon is a sci-fi/fantasy convention. Think of it as a central meeting place every year for local NW geeks/nerds/dorks... of which I'm one, but not going to attend this year.

    I know I've seen posts on here and elsewhere with responses from Walmart Corporate regarding following state law, but I've yet to see a PDF or email sent my way.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  12. #12
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    Here we go: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=21920

    Unfortunately, the PDF is broken (404 not found), but the mp3 sound file works. I would bug Bill (M1Gunr) about that PDF to possibly print out and slap them around with for the offensive remarks.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  13. #13
    Regular Member DEROS72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SEATAC, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,819

    Post imported post

    Thanks car I will re-read all that.Maybe I will go down town tomorrow.Oc gotta stay visible.

  14. #14
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post

    DEROS72 wrote:
    Shopping for baby stuff with my daughter at the Puyallup Walmart.These 2 gals that said they were managers asked typically if I was a cop.
    The district managers office for Puyallup is in the Puyallup store. Since Jason Schmidt (Security Chief) left the area, Puyallup has become very anti-gun.

    Don Roseborough is the Regional manager for Western Washington 360-657-1192

    Walamrt Marketing Office - Joe McQueen 757-471-1651

  15. #15
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post

    just_a_car wrote:
    Here we go: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=21920

    Unfortunately, the PDF is broken (404 not found), but the mp3 sound file works. I would bug Bill (M1Gunr) about that PDF to possibly print out and slap them around with for the offensive remarks.
    Links have been fixed !

  16. #16
    Regular Member jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,241

    Post imported post

    DEROS72 wrote:
    REALLY BIG REALLY PUBLIC......I'm toying with a couple of ideas for summer when the weather is more condusive tyo a large rally.
    First annual State ralley to be held in Seattle?
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

  17. #17
    Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    592

    Post imported post

    just_a_car wrote:
    NorWesCon is a sci-fi/fantasy convention. Think of it as a central meeting place every year for local NW geeks/nerds/dorks... of which I'm one, but not going to attend this year.
    But after Comicon last weekend do you think they're ready to leave mom's basement again so soon?

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    256

    Post imported post

    Another one, what the hells wrong with Seatac

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yakima County, ,
    Posts
    506

    Post imported post

    Another one, what the hells wrong with Seatac
    They get the news to cover all their shootings.

    I don't know what the statistics are for elsewhere, but in Sunnyside, there's about three drive-bys a week (people are very rarely hit.) Toppenish is worse.
    I imagine it's something similar everywhere else, but it's the sensational stories, one's with "assault weapons" that make the news. I would guess there's ten other shootings for each one that makes the news.


  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,339

    Post imported post

    trevorthebusdriver wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:
    NorWesCon is a sci-fi/fantasy convention. Think of it as a central meeting place every year for local NW geeks/nerds/dorks... of which I'm one, but not going to attend this year.
    But after Comicon last weekend do you think they're ready to leave mom's basement again so soon?
    Oh my god that is funny.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

  21. #21
    Regular Member DEROS72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SEATAC, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,819

    Post imported post

    WORKS FOR ME........GIVE EMPOROR NICKLES A PERSONAL INVITE

  22. #22
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    DEROS72 wrote:
    Car...I'm not sure I know what that is. Anyway I had the first hassle over carry yesterday.Shopping for baby stuff with my daughter at the Puyallup Walmart.These 2 gals that said they were managers asked typically if I was a cop.I said no.They said I had to leave.I handed them a pamphlet and told them that it is legal in this state.They said I still have to leave.Really picture it I'm shopping with my 8 month pregnant daughter.I politely told them I will finish my shopping and only then I will leave and walked away.Ifinished after about a half hour and left. Without further incident.I don't think they were ready for that.Anyway is there a letter from walmart corporate somewhere explaning that they follow state laws.?? I want to show that to these gals.
    All it took for me was a couple calls wich never got returned and an e-mail from Wal-marts website. Terry up here At Bellingham Walmart assured me that corporate policy is to follow state law and that they are pro 2nd A.

    I think Jason Schmidt is letting his political veiws get in the way of doing his job of managing and representing the company he works for and harrassing law abiding customers of his store. I might include something like that into your letter to Walmart.


    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  23. #23
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    sudden valley gunner wrote:
    I think Jason Schmidt is letting his political veiws get in the way of doing his job of managing and representing the company he works for and harrassing law abiding customers of his store. I might include something like that into your letter to Walmart.
    Um, I don't think you read a previous message correctly. Jason Schmidt was on our side. He was the former regional security contact and had said that they followed state law. I believe the comment about Puyallup going poorly was meant to say that the downturn was due to his leaving.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  24. #24
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    just_a_car wrote:
    sudden valley gunner wrote:
    I think Jason Schmidt is letting his political veiws get in the way of doing his job of managing and representing the company he works for and harrassing law abiding customers of his store. I might include something like that into your letter to Walmart.
    Um, I don't think you read a previous message correctly. Jason Schmidt was on our side. He was the former regional security contact and had said that they followed state law. I believe the comment about Puyallup going poorly was meant to say that the downturn was due to his leaving.
    Yep you are right ,My apologies, I have been putting in some long days. Darn, totally misread that one. I missed the whole left the area line.


    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  25. #25
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    What is with everyone else having a problem in Walmart, especially the Puyallup one, but me? I had the one issue and have never been bothered since. Is nobody reading what I say when I tell them, don't listen to these floor managers, ask for the General Manager?? In Puyallup, the guy's name is Micah, and he is the only one with authority to ask you to leave, and he won't. They keep pulling this **** because they know it will work with people who refuse to stand up and say "Get me the guy above you, cause you have NO authority here."



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •