• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New shooting in Seatac

jchen012

Tawnos

imported post

I see they used the "assault rifle" phrase without specifying whice select-fire rifle it was.

Trigger Dr

imported post

As I was driving home this afternnoon, there were about 10 people standing on the 4 corners of the intersection. Each was holding a sign Advertising their church.

Maybe we need to do the same thing holding a sign that says :

OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL

opencarry.org

And at the same time be certain to OC in a very visible manner. Also a good opportunity to pass out gun rights pamphlets.

DEROS72

imported post

Time for another freaking event in force.................................!!!!!!!!!!!

mtlhdtodd

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
As I was driving home this afternnoon, there were about 10 people standing on the 4 corners of the intersection. Each was holding a sign Advertising their church.

Maybe we need to do the same thing holding a sign that says :

OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL

opencarry.org

And at the same time be certain to OC in a very visible manner. Also a good opportunity to pass out gun rights pamphlets.
Now that would be interesting :what::what::what: The south end sheeple would cringe at all the sheep dogs baring their teeth.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I have thought about the same thing. I think its time for a big OC event and very public. I enjoyed the last one and think we should use every chance we can get not only to get together and meet our fellow OC'ers but to show we are growing and not going away.

DEROS72

imported post

REALLY BIG REALLY PUBLIC......I'm toying with a couple of ideas for summer when the weather is more condusive tyo a large rally.

just_a_car

imported post

NorWesCon (the largest convention in WA State, right next to Sakuracon, which is going on at the same time) starts tomorrow at the Double Tree, there in SeaTac. There will be a massive amount of people there, but most will be staying in the hotel. Either way, you will have a lot of people going through that intersection that normally wouldn't be (the one with the Double Tree and Jack-in-the-Box on Int'l Blvd.).

Unfortunately, the weather doesn't look to be all that conducive to being outside Th-Su, when the convention is being held.

DEROS72

imported post

Car...I'm not sure I know what that is. Anyway I had the first hassle over carry yesterday.Shopping for baby stuff with my daughter at the Puyallup Walmart.These 2 gals that said they were managers asked typically if I was a cop.I said no.They said I had to leave.I handed them a pamphlet and told them that it is legal in this state.They said I still have to leave.Really picture it I'm shopping with my 8 month pregnant daughter.I politely told them I will finish my shopping and only then I will leave and walked away.Ifinished after about a half hour and left. Without further incident.I don't think they were ready for that.Anyway is there a letter from walmart corporate somewhere explaning that they follow state laws.?? I want to show that to these gals.

just_a_car

imported post

NorWesCon is a sci-fi/fantasy convention. Think of it as a central meeting place every year for local NW geeks/nerds/dorks... of which I'm one, but not going to attend this year.

I know I've seen posts on here and elsewhere with responses from Walmart Corporate regarding following state law, but I've yet to see a PDF or email sent my way.

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks car I will re-read all that.Maybe I will go down town tomorrow.Oc gotta stay visible.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Shopping for baby stuff with my daughter at the Puyallup Walmart.These 2 gals that said they were managers asked typically if I was a cop.
The district managers office for Puyallup is in the Puyallup store. Since Jason Schmidt (Security Chief) left the area, Puyallup has become very anti-gun.

Don Roseborough is the Regional manager for Western Washington 360-657-1192

Walamrt Marketing Office - Joe McQueen 757-471-1651

jbone

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
REALLY BIG REALLY PUBLIC......I'm toying with a couple of ideas for summer when the weather is more condusive tyo a large rally.
First annual State ralley to be held in Seattle?

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
NorWesCon is a sci-fi/fantasy convention. Think of it as a central meeting place every year for local NW geeks/nerds/dorks... of which I'm one, but not going to attend this year.
But after Comicon last weekend do you think they're ready to leave mom's basement again so soon? :D

cynicist

imported post

Another one, what the hells wrong with Seatac
They get the news to cover all their shootings.

I don't know what the statistics are for elsewhere, but in Sunnyside, there's about three drive-bys a week (people are very rarely hit.) Toppenish is worse.
I imagine it's something similar everywhere else, but it's the sensational stories, one's with "assault weapons" that make the news. I would guess there's ten other shootings for each one that makes the news.

joeroket

imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
But after Comicon last weekend do you think they're ready to leave mom's basement again so soon? :D
Oh my god that is funny.