• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will the GA override King Kaine's vetoes ?

doug23838

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I contacted everyone that I could and voiced my support for these laws. It is my thought that all but one will be overridden. As all but one passed with veto-proof margins in the first vote before sending the bills to the Governor.

The one that will fail is SB1035. We need 5 full votes to get it passed in the Senate and just 1 vote to get it passed in the house. Now I can see 1 Delegate changing his/her vote and getting this passed..... but we will not get the 5 votes we need. Rights don't matter to these people, only the next election does, period.

There is a decent chance that if McDonnel gets elected in 2010 we may have a chance.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I contacted Puller and Amundson (both "I support your gun rights but" I really don't) legislators - last week.

I sent final "I expect you to vote to override" this morning. I have very low expectations.

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Senate cannot vote on SB1035 until the House passes it again first. We need only ONE vote in the house to get it passed there assuming all that voted for it the first time vote for it again.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
The Senate cannot vote on SB1035 until the House passes it again first. We need only ONE vote in the house to get it passed there assuming all that voted for it the first time vote for it again.
The House can't vote on the vetoed Senate bills untill the Senate votes to overide and sends them to the House. Not the other way around.:exclaim: