• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wayne County CPL approval time

Jblack44

imported post

Well that went faster than I thought! Less than 60 days. (just checked Wayne County website for approval) I assume I will receive something in the mail? What is the process to get the actual card? Obviously this will help with OCing in the future. :celebrate

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
Well that went faster than I thought! Less than 60 days. (just checked Wayne County website for approval) I assume I will receive something in the mail? What is the process to get the actual card? Obviously this will help with OCing in the future. :celebrate

Congrats on your license Jblack. From what I understand, WACO will mail the license. I don't know if that is standard procedure or if you have to request the mailing.

There is info here in the Michigan sub-forum about WACO licensure-do a search.

cabman1

imported post

asked questions on why i think i needed a cpl checked my crimeinal record talked to the pros. state trooper and the sheriff they are a bunch of decent guys we set there and joked after the questions were answered

cabman1

imported post

i told them i needed it to protect myself and family and that i own a bussiness in jackson and that peoplemight think that i have money on my person

maahes

imported post

I applied for my CPL in Jackson on January 20th, fingerprinted on the 21st and was approved when the board met on March 5th. I got my card in the mail on the 7th saying to come pick up my CPL at the clerks office. I didn't have to go in front of the board, and they didn't even call the references I listed on the application.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

erikg82376 wrote:
i seen online i was approved about a week and a half ago nothing from wayne county yet do they mail your cpl to you?

This subject was brought up not too long ago about WACO. IIRC, they do mail them out, but I don't remember how long it actually takes.

And, welcome to OCDO Erik. Please indicate your location under your screen name by going to My Account and then to Profile.

MrHobbs

imported post

I applied for my CPL on March 10th at the Wayne County Sheriff on Henry Ruff and Michigan Ave in Westland, MI. I went to the Wayne County Sheriff Dept website to check the status of my CPL. I put in all the required information. says "Record not found". Does it take a while? Should I be worried? Please help.

Dan G

imported post

i applied for mine on feb 25 still havent been approved,and yes it does take awhile for them to put it up on there web site i think it took about a week for them to put it on the web site