• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for Ruger LCP or Kel-Tec P3AT (newer gen) or P32

emperor

imported post

Hey guys does anyone have a any of the following that they would like sale?

Kel-Tec P3AT (mustbe newer gen)or P32

Ruger LCP

PM me with price and pictures if any.

Thanks

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

emperor wrote:
Ruger LCP

OK, I have been dying to ask somebody this for a while now. (Sorry to hijack your thread.) ;)

What is the fascination with the LCP? It looks likean exact copy of theKel-Tec, but people (here in Utah at least) arewilling to shellout $500 dollars for them!

And on top of that, .380 ammunition is eitherexpensive as hell, or non-existent!

Shooting the little bastards at the range is no fun either, is concealment really that important?

Sorry... /[rant off]

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
emperor wrote:
Ruger LCP

OK, I have been dying to ask somebody this for a while now. (Sorry to hijack your thread.) ;)

What is the fascination with the LCP? It looks likean exact copy of theKel-Tec, but people (here in Utah at least) arewilling to shellout $500 dollars for them!

And on top of that, .380 ammunition is eitherexpensive as hell, or non-existent!

Shooting the little bastards at the range is no fun either, is concealment really that important?

Sorry... /[rant off]
The only advantages I can see with the LCP is that it looks a little more de-horned (rounded corners) and it has a slide-lock which I think the Kel-Tec lacks.

To me, the price difference isn't worth it. But that factors in my personal financial goals, etc.

If I were tobuy one, it would be the Kel-Tec in stainless, which I think is still less than the LCP, depending on where you find it.

As far as concealability, some folks just have habits, clothes, or venues where something that size is wanted. Heck, I'd even go for the smaller ones by NAA, but they're all-metal and noticeably heavier.

adamsesq

imported post

Citizen wrote:
If I were tobuy one, it would be the Kel-Tec in stainless, which I think is still less than the LCP, depending on where you find it.

I won't supporta company (Ruger) that rips off the product of another company (Kel-Tec) and then blatantly lies about it. 'nuff said.

No, you wouldn't buy the Kel-Tec in stainless because they don't make it in stainless. They do make a hard chrome version which many seem to like. Kel-Tec will tell you that it is for corrosion protection only and not for appearance so don't expect it to be "pretty" up close. That said, I like the looks of my hard chrome P3ATs better than my blue'd ones! They also make one in Parkerized which I like most.

-adamsesq (who might just have "a few" P3ATs here and there as sometimes yes, concealment IS that important)

sean3686

imported post

if your not set on that model try the pf9 my local gun store seems to have more of them than any other kel tec model and I love mine.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

adamsesq wrote:
Citizen wrote:
SNIP No, you wouldn't buy the Kel-Tec in stainless because they don't make it in stainless. They do make a hard chrome version which many seem to like.
Thanks for the clarification.

emperor

imported post

well i love my lcp and concealment is more important than ever, read the recent post about a couple with conceal license and got murdered because they didnt have their weapon with them. a small one on you is better than a canon at home. LOL

Jon

Nosrac

imported post

emperor wrote:
well i love my lcp and concealment is more important than ever, read the recent post about a couple with conceal license and got murdered because they didnt have their weapon with them. a small one on you is better than a canon at home. LOL

Jon

Don't let these guys tarnish your view of the gun. A guy at the gun club bought one and the next thing I knew his two buddies bought them too. Obviously they really like them.

PT111

imported post

adamsesq wrote:
Citizen wrote:

I won't supporta company (Ruger) that rips off the product of another company (Kel-Tec) and then blatantly lies about it. 'nuff said.

No, you wouldn't buy the Kel-Tec in stainless because they don't make it in stainless. They do make a hard chrome version which many seem to like. Kel-Tec will tell you that it is for corrosion protection only and not for appearance so don't expect it to be "pretty" up close. That said, I like the looks of my hard chrome P3ATs better than my blue'd ones! They also make one in Parkerized which I like most.

-adamsesq (who might just have "a few" P3ATs here and there as sometimes yes, concealment IS that important)
I have one of the chrome models and habe never had a problem with it. From what I can gather the chrome ones don't seem to have the problems that a few of the blued ones. As for the recoil and so on I find it fun to shoot and less recoil that many other guns. And yes I can slip it in my pocket without the worry about whether it is concealed or not. It may be a .3AT rather than a 9 or foty but I feel comfortable with it.

PT111

imported post

sean3686 wrote:
I think everyone took over the OP
he is looking for one...
Yup, but I'm not giving mine up. ;) I would suggest to keep looking in the stores and checking the auction sites. You can find the P32 and the P11 fairly easily but the P3AT and LCP are harder but not impossible.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I was on the waiting list for one from Kesselring and after 5 months when they called , I was broke:(, the stuck me back on the bottom of the list now. They were selling them for under $300.00.

Seattle1911

Opt-Out Members
imported post

The P3AT has its place. Its so light you can actually forget its there. Its no fun to shoot though (kicks like a mule without a lot to hold onto) nor do I trust my aim with it beyond 10 yards or so (being DAO and so damn small you can forget double taps). I wouldn't part with mine though. Depending on what I am wearing it is sometimes my only concealed option.

All that being said, if you can get away carrying a 3" 45, you'll feel a lot better about it. I carry both depending on what I am wearing, but definitely appreciate the accuracy and shooting qualities of my 45 over the 380...

SigPacker

imported post

I saw an Ruger LCP at Bens Loan in Renton for $319 today.. they said they were getting 3 more soon. It felt a lot better in hand than the P3AT...

SP

jeeper1

imported post

I have a Kel Tec P3AT with extras for sale.
Pistol
DeSantis Nemesis holster
Belt Clip
3 extra mags (total of four mags)
168 rounds of ammo (100 WWB, 68 JHP)
$450 face to face in NW Wa. (Olympic Peninsula)
006.jpg

adamsesq

imported post

tai4de2 wrote:
What is the difference between newer generation and older? How would I know which one I have?

Look at the extractor on the right side of the slide. If yours is more angular shaped and has a big allen head bolt at the rear end of it you have a 2nd Gen. If it is perfectly rectangular and skinny you have a 1st Gen. 1st Gens have an octagonal shaped slide and 2nd Gens have a more square slide as they went to bar stock for the 2nd Gen slides.

I'll figure out how to post a pic here in a second.

-adamsesq

ETA: Sorry, I don't have a picture of the extractor side but this one shows how the grip is differently shaped as well. Upper Right is 2nd Gen:

SecondGen3AT002.jpg

Found the right side picture. 2nd Gen is upper again.

SecondGen3AT004.jpg

tai4de2

imported post

Thanks for that info.

Looks like the second generation is what has been produced since some time in 2005. I got mine new in 2008 so it's no surprise that it's second generation.