• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nancy Pelosi wants registration

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I want Pelosi institutionalized. That ain't gonna happen either. She doesn't even understand what she's talkin' about the majority of the time.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I want Pelosi institutionalized. That ain't gonna happen either. She doesn't even understand what she's talkin' about the majority of the time.
She's not stupid. Its entirely fair to assume she knows what she is doing. That people should be able to defend themselves is too obvious for someone like her to have missed.

So, the question becomes, what is her real motive? Who is she really working for? Certainly its not her disarmed orexcessively burdened constituents. So, who?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

More like... Rope... Post... Pile of twigs.... or a barrel of Kingsford. 'Got a light?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
More like... Rope... Post... Pile of twigs.... or a barrel of Kingsford. 'Got a light?
Its a brutal bunch we got around here.

I was reading recently that one of the heretics inEngland just prior to Henry VIII's break with Rome died a slower, and more painful than usual death because the fire kindled slowly.

Which reminds me. There was something that really jumped out at me in that book. And, tells me thatsome things about human nature never change.

The book included information about HenryVIII's machinations to legalize his divorce from Katherine of Aragon so he could marry Anne Boleyn. Of course, if it had been cleanly legal, there would have been no machinations necessary. There were several examples of people looking forcreative ways to stretch the meaning of the law, or get around the law, or to prove the law meant something other than what was written, in order to achieve the desired outcome. As compared to just approaching the problem legally and based on a plain reading of the law.

Hmmmmm. Sounds like the story of the 2nd Amendment over the last 40 years.

Huck

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
She's not stupid. Its entirely fair to assume she knows what she is doing. That people should be able to defend themselves is too obvious for someone like her to have missed.

So, the question becomes, what is her real motive? Who is she really working for? Certainly its not her disarmed orexcessively burdened constituents. So, who?

I'm solidly convinced that she and her cronies want absolute, undisputed power. How else to get it than by disarming the populance?

When the politicos want to make us unable to resist it's aprettysafe betthat they plan on doing something that they know we'll resist.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Huck wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:

I'm solidly convinced that she and her cronies want absolute, undisputed power. How else to get it than by disarming the populance?

When the politicos want to make us unable to resist it's aprettysafe betthat they plan on doing something that they know we'll resist.

There are two things that a despotic government/regime absolutely must do in order to completely subjugate the people.

Control the dissimination of information.

Remove from the people their ability to resist.

These are absolutes and must be part of the plans of total takeover. All despotic regimes throughout history have done this and present times are no exception to this universal truth. As long at the people have the tools to resist tyranny, the time will come when they will say, "enough is enough" and will push back with armed force.

redlegagent

imported post

We either have a lot of younger folks here, or short memories. They've wanted registration for over 20 years - nothing new here. Registration is always a first step when you know you don't have the political capital to push more severe things through. Next will come a review of licensing procedures to close loop holes and then they will attack a few different models of firearms. etc., etc, etc. ;)

Don Barnett

imported post

Not that we don't need to be on guard, but I think that a lot of politicians say things during interviews to appease their base, but then sit back and see what the reaction will be; to see which way the wind is blowing, so to speak. Eric Holder did the same thing a month or so ago and there was an extreme negative reaction. In fact, a lot of the Democrats formed a coalition vowing to reject any more gun control.

Let's hope that this is what is going on; but be willing to fight if the threat becomes more ominous.

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Don Barnett wrote:
Not that we don't need to be on guard, but I think that a lot of politicians say things during interviews to appease their base, but then sit back and see what the reaction will be; to see which way the wind is blowing, so to speak. Eric Holder did the same thing a month or so ago and there was an extreme negative reaction. In fact, a lot of the Democrats formed a coalition vowing to reject any more gun control.

Let's hope that this is what is going on; but be willing to fight if the threat becomes more ominous.

The Republicans are in NO mode. If the President or one of his croneys pushes forsomething,the Republicans will generally vote no. The Republicans are desperate to regain control of Congress. And when they vote no on something right now, they ALL vote no. No Republican worth his salt would even dare try going for gun control, it'd be the end of the party if they did. What do we need to stop new gun control laws now? We need70% of the House Republicans and....remember the 65 House Democrats that sent a letter to Holder saying they would oppose ANY new gun control laws? Now lets make that a little more realistic. Real numbers would probably be 95% of the House Republicans and then the 65 House Democrats, and there you go. An effective road block to gun control.

Now I'm probably not precise when it comes to the last set of numbers, but how many Republicans have been in the news lately calling for a gun ban or other gun control measures? I haven't seen any. :)