• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Live Veto Session

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Senate is having a debate on whether or not they should follow the Constitution. Quite interesting.

Saslaw needs to be relieved of his position.

Stolle and Cuccinelli are doing their best to convince the Senate that they should abide by the Constitution.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Hanger did a good job but it was decided in advance. Marsh made an ass out of himself....as usual.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Saslaw made a motion to vote on all the house bills in a block. Then he got hungry and asked for a recess. They're out until 7:20

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

What do ya'll mean by "passed"? Was the veto overridden?

Trying to search for the answers while asking here at the same time.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Tess wrote:
What do ya'll mean by "passed"? Was the veto overridden?

Trying to search for the answers while asking here at the same time.
Overridden...but I'm only watching the Senate. They just passed a block of House bills that accepted the Governors amendments.

On the Veto's the vote is to override so Passed means ti was overridden, On the amendments, passed means they accepted the amendments.

I'm not sure what was in the block. Maybe someone else was faster taking notes.

VApatriot

imported post

Edit: The House voted to over ride the veto of SB877, SB1528, and HB2528.

Edit: The Senate failed to over ride the veto ofSB877 and HB 2528. I have yet to see a Senate vote on 1528.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Saslaw is calling HB1851 a loophole. He said when he was in the military he didn't use a gun. He also said they could go to a gun show and buy one without a background check or have a friend buy one for him:X

Marsh is saying it's only to allow non residents to buy more than one gun a month:X:X

They failed to overide 1851

26-14

IanB

imported post

peter nap wrote:
or have a friend buy one for him
So Saslaw is encouraging military members from out of state to engage in straw purchases?